Thread: New tool Rack

New tool Rack

My old tool carrousel has worked really well for the last 7 years, but like anything else, I out grew it. Too many tools, thanks to a generous wife. So time for a replacement. The problem is limited space, and lots of tools. The carrousel was built last time, because I have no wall space to mount a flat rack, and my midi is on a rolling cart, and I want the tools to go where it goes. I thought I had a pic of the old carousel in my archive. Apparently that is what I get for doing my own thinking. Just think of it as a junior version of the new one, that had only one level, and held 12 tools. Here is the new one.

IMG_8029.jpg IMG_8034.jpg

And some close ups...

IMG_8031.jpgIMG_8032.jpgIMG_8035.jpg

The variety in handle lengths and blade lengths made for an interesting challenge to get them to all fit. Hence the Mid tier extension. My micro tools fit well on top. I still need to turn some booster seats for a few tools that are just a bit too short. The old carousel held 12 tools, and the new one holds 30 tools, and 5 centers/accessories. Oh, and it fits on my tool cart. The wife thought it would never fit.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Very nice!!

Nicely done Brian! So I am assuming it sits on a lazy Susan bearing assembly.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Yes, it is on a LS bearing, which of course works better when you don't accidentally bolt the base of the unit to the carrousel above. DAMHIKT! Made for a "really stiff" bearing. Take 2 worked much better, and the bearing is really smooth.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Brian how about a couple of pictures without the tools? I like what you've done and would like to see how it's made.

Brian,
    That's a nice job. I like the different levels and the center rack.

Wonderful workmanship on that, and full of utility. I'm jealous!
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"

Very nice Brian!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

9. That is a pretty spiffy rig there, Brian! Ingenuity and function .......nicely done!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!