Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement for Adobe Flash Player

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Not a solution for every site as I have clients that use sites that don't work with the Flash that Chrome uses.
    That may be the case, but I use it almost exclusively for YouTube and that works fine. With Firefox, it was crashing with ridiculous regularity, people were complaining to Firefox and they did nothing about it. So they lost a ton of market share.

Flash is used much more widely than I think a lot of people realize. If my Flash player is being blocked by Firefox about 50% of the websites I go to will get the warning about Flash issues. Flash seems to most often be used to deliver ads so it isn't a big loss.

I don't run an ad blocker because sites deserve to get paid for their work. If a site has too many ads I just won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    IIRC, Apple products do not support it at all. I don't think there is even an iOS version because it is banned by them. Flash Player has always been a problem, this is not a new problem.
    Google stopped supporting it in Android several years ago. You can still sideload Flash version 11.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night