Thread: Wiring diagram for Delta 46-460

Wiring diagram for Delta 46-460

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Delta 46-460 that they could share with me?
    I have been having troubles with my ON/OFF switch, which has been replaced 4 times now. All the switches were packed with sawdust and even the occasional blowing didn't help.
    So now my plan is to totally remove the ON/OFF switch from the top of the machine and replace it with a paddle switch located on the side of my workbench. This way it will be away from any sawdust.
    I removed the ON/OFF switch switch but in the process I had to also remove the FORWARD/REVERSE switch and it's wires.
    Needless to say, by the time I got back to the project I couldn't remember how to rewire the FORWARD/REVERSE switch so I need help please.

Thanks,
    Jim

I don't have a wiring diagram but I do have the lathe. I can take a look at the switch tomorrow, little too warm in the shop right now, and see if I can give you an idea of what wires go where. If that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colombo View Post
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Delta 46-460 that they could share with me?
    I have been having troubles with my ON/OFF switch, which has been replaced 4 times now. All the switches were packed with sawdust and even the occasional blowing didn't help.
    So now my plan is to totally remove the ON/OFF switch from the top of the machine and replace it with a paddle switch located on the side of my workbench. This way it will be away from any sawdust.
    I removed the ON/OFF switch switch but in the process I had to also remove the FORWARD/REVERSE switch and it's wires.
    Needless to say, by the time I got back to the project I couldn't remember how to rewire the FORWARD/REVERSE switch so I need help please.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mawson View Post
    I don't have a wiring diagram but I do have the lathe. I can take a look at the switch tomorrow, little too warm in the shop right now, and see if I can give you an idea of what wires go where. If that helps?
    Jim I will be turning 70 in a few days but my brain acts more like it's 170 and likes to forget things a lot. So when do things like switch replacement I first take a photo of the as-is condition, helps tremendously when going back together, now let me think,...where did I put that camera.
    Steve if you can find your camera a pic would help him a lot IMHO.

"The best things in life are not things."

Jim,
    From James suggestion here are a couple of picture of the module that is on the back of the lathe. Kind of hard to see the switch but it is under the reversing switch. First picture is as you would look at the module from the back of the lathe, only one white wire and it is on the bottom of the switch. The other 3 are black. Second picture I pulled the two black wires off the reversing switch and this would be the right side of the box from the back. Hope that helps a little.

20150719_203702.jpg20150719_203824.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mawson View Post
    Jim,
    From James suggestion here are a couple of picture of the module that is on the back of the lathe. Kind of hard to see the switch but it is under the reversing switch. First picture is as you would look at the module from the back of the lathe, only one white wire and it is on the bottom of the switch. The other 3 are black. Second picture I pulled the two black wires off the reversing switch and this would be the right side of the box from the back. Hope that helps a little.

20150719_203702.jpg20150719_203824.jpg
    Steve;
    First of all, thanks for trying. Your idea is great. It's the wiring to the reversing switch that I need and I can't quite make it our from your pictures. Would you please try again?

Thanks,
    Jim