Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those in the Hampton Roads area

My wife is working on getting this booked. This could well end up being our last big family vacation as my daughter will be headed into high school so we're thinking of taking a second week and either heading north to Baltimore and Philly or south toward the NC coast and Charlotte. We'd like to go even further south but don't want to end up too far from home. We need to figure out if our budget will allow that over the next few months.

We vacationed two years ago a bit south of there in Kure Beach (curry beach) near Wilmington using a HomeAway rental. But we did stop in the Hampton Roads area and had a nice visit with Keith.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Visited my son when he was stationed there and we went to Nauticus, thought the tour of the Wisconsin and the other attractions was worth the cost. We went to Virginia Beach to the Lynnhaven Fish House for supper and was extremely happy with the seafood they served.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Jerry,

The battleship Wisconsin is on my short list of things to do this fall when the temperatures improve. I am a Member of the Mariners Museum and have been taking lots of trips there to catch up with all the new exhibits this year and my youngest daughter and I are planning to visit the Confederate War Museum in Richmond soon.

Continuing to make plans...assuming its still standing after this week we have reserved the place we want for a week. I'm sure we'll spend at least 2 days in Williamsburg at the outlet malls, tourist attractions, and possibly Colonial Williamsburg. We know about Jamestown and Yorktown and may visit those (TBD how much history we'll do since my wife and I have seen some of it about 10 years ago and my daughter will have just spent a week in DC and Gettysburg and my be ready for a break from that.) We plan to spend a significant part of the time doing nothing as well. What's worth seeing north from say Yorktown on the west side of the bay, probably no further north than Fredericksburg? Any picturesque small towns and the like that would be interesting to visit and are worth the drive?