Thread: Wood Branding Iron

Wood Branding Iron

I have been making some end grain cutting boards for family and friends and I have been told multiple times I need to brand or stamp my work.

Is there a recommendation on an electric branding iron? I have looked at many companies and I am not looking for the cheapest but rather a good quality iron from a company that has excellent customer satisfaction.

Bill

Bill, I'll let you know in about two weeks. I've been on the search for a branding iron, as well, and I've decided to go with BrandNew. I saw some good reviews and when I spoke with them they were very helpful and seemingly interested in my specific needs. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, however, when I receive the finished product early in August.

- Yonak

I bought the electric Rockler version maybe 8-10 years ago or so? It's a little larger than 1" x 1" with my custom logo and has the bolt-on year attachment that goes underneath. I use it to brand over 100 items each year and it's been working perfectly fine for me. At the time it seemed like Rockler was one of the few available so I don't know how the quality compares to any of the other companies that make them.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

I received my branding iron from BrandNew yesterday. It's a 3.5 sq.in. capacity iron. I got two branding plates and a temperature controller. It works as I expect it would. No problems. I can't imagine the learning curve necessary if there were no heat control.
    Last edited by Yonak Hawkins; 08-12-2015 at 10:07 AM.