Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best explanation for Great Pyramid(s)

This explains the theory the above video presents
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    I thought I may have not clarified my thoughts well. Obviously technology has changed a lot but our ways of thinking and what or concerns and interests... are has changed very little.
    you missed my point. Knowing that there is an abundance of food, water, etc. completely changes one's way of thinking. Yes, the ancient Greeks despaired of how their children were rowdy just like we do today; but they were more concerned about starving to death during the next drought.

Wade, I don't think you have an accurate concept of the way advanced ancient cultures lived. These people were not struggling to survive. If you study their society a little closer, that will become obvious. They had leisure time. They devoted surprising amounts of time to the arts. They played games. There is ample evidence of all these things. That is not the behavior of people who are at the edge of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Here's another guy's theory. But it brings up questions about buoyancy requirements, pumping systems, channel construction and lock construction and operation.
    He's thinking way outside the box. Inventing locks and dams even. Not to mention the elaborate floaties. LOL

We may never know how they were built. The fact remains that they are the most precisely built structure on the earth. The precision goes beyond hand tools. The blocks fit perfectly to within 1/100th of an inch. They are glued together with a mortar that cannot be duplicated today. The mortar is stronger than the stone. The sides are convex and this can only be seen from the air. Look at the cross section pictures. It is a very complex structure. There are also below ground tunels and rooms that are never shown in pictures. The granite coffer in the kings chamber was cut from a single piece of solid granite which cannot be cut with copper chisels. It is also to big to fit through any passage way so it had to be cut in place. All of the surfaces are perfectly flat with a perfect radius at every corner on the inside. It is also a chocolate color which geologists say had to come from extreme heat. In the room where it sits all of the walls are pushed out about an inch and the cracks have been patched. Some say this was from an explosion. At the bottom of the shafts where there is chemical residue there is a small hole from each that empites out in. the queens chamber. There theories that the air shafts are wave guides as their dimensions duplicate those requires for a frequency that is alluding me at the moment. Ever notice that the top is missing on all of them?

This had to besome kind of a machine.
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 07-26-2015 at 10:17 PM.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Fries View Post
    We may never know how they were built. The fact remains that they are the most precisely built structure on the earth. The precision goes beyond hand tools. The blocks fit perfectly to within 1/100th of an inch. They are glued together with a mortar that cannot be duplicated today. The mortar is stronger than the stone. The sides are convex and this can only be seen from the air. Look at the cross section pictures. It is a very complex structure. There are also below ground tunels and rooms that are never shown in pictures. The granite coffer in the kings chamber was cut from a single piece of solid granite which cannot be cut with copper chisels. It is also to big to fit through any passage way so it had to be cut in place. All of the surfaces are perfectly flat with a perfect radius at every corner on the inside. It is also a chocolate color which geologists say had to come from extreme heat. In the room where it sits all of the walls are pushed out about an inch and the cracks have been patched. Some say this was from an explosion. At the bottom of the shafts where there is chemical residue there is a small hole from each that empites out in. the queens chamber. There theories that the air shafts are wave guides as their dimensions duplicate those requires for a frequency that is alluding me at the moment. Ever notice that the top is missing on all of them?

This had to besome kind of a machine.
    Some intriguing ideas being bantered about but I subscribe to the law of simplicity. The more simple the explanation the more accurate it is. In other words a few guys with enormous egos with crap loads of money wanted to build temples for themselves when they died. They also had pyramid envy so kept building them bigger than the last. The next guy in line ran out of money and settled for a hole in the ground...
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

They where built by the Goa'uld, everyone who's seen MacGyver in Space With Guns knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    He's thinking way outside the box. Inventing locks and dams even. Not to mention the elaborate floaties. LOL
    Way outside the box for those who's thinking goes to powered machinery, hydraulics, electricity, steel and so many other technologies we have available to us today. But maybe not for the ancient Egyptians. He took what was available to them back then and came up with a possibility for another way the pyramids could have been built that didn't include massive numbers of men toiling in the heat, using brute force instead of ingenuity. But this is the kind of thing I was thinking when I said scientists today may have not turned all the stones.

The problems I have with his theory starts with the building of the pipe from the raised lake, the one he said could have fed pressured water to the building site. That would have taken a lot of time and probably manpower, unless they figured out another way to implement the laws of physics to their advantage.

Another concept that would be very challenging is making the rectangular stone pipe risers on the pyramid water tight and capable of handling the pressure. Each lock gate would have to withstand the pressure of two pipe sections without leaking or breaking apart. And the size of the pipe would have to be substantial to allow the stone and whatever means were used to make it buoyant. That's a lot of pressure for a temporary stone structure to handle.

Next is knowing where the floating blocks are in the riser so as to prevent the blocks from jamming or smashing through the lock gate above. And initially filling and then maintaining the water level at the top level would present more challenges, if one wanted to keep manpower numbers down.

Since scientists have been able to determine that this area wasn't a desert when the pyramids were built reduces the difficulty factor. Trying to keep thousands of slaves hydrated would be a challenge unto itself. But it would probably still have been pretty warm there, like working in Mexico. The "water transport" theory solves that problem too. It's the kind of out of the box thinking necessary if we don't want to give the aliens all the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    Some intriguing ideas being bantered about but I subscribe to the law of simplicity. The more simple the explanation the more accurate it is. In other words a few guys with enormous egos with crap loads of money wanted to build temples for themselves when they died. They also had pyramid envy so kept building them bigger than the last. The next guy in line ran out of money and settled for a hole in the ground...
    The Egyptians thought their Pharaohs were gods. When famine struck, they turned to their gods for help. The Pharaoh at the time was no match for Mother Nature and the people realized he was just like them. So they made a hole in the ground for him. It's very hard to remain a deity when you're still alive. Your followers are always asking for miracles.

Did you know?....the Washington monument is a pyramid ...not an obelisk! There was no engineer to spec the foundation so they used the "...there! That o'tah be deep enough!" method. There is a congressional sub committee trying to decide which friends to give the back fill job. No word as to whether tourists will be allowed to take the elevator to the basement.

Mel, where are you getting your information? The sources I read on line indicated that the structure was designed by engineers. I actually found a source from which to obtain the original drawings. I don't know much about the Washington monument, but civil engineers and architects have been around for at least 800 years. How do you suppose the magnificent cathedrals of Europe or mosques in the Middle East were designed?

Art,I got that info from my set of encyclopedias and they list their source as a bubble gum wrapper. Yes, engineers have been around a long time. And "over building" has been around a long time.
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 07-27-2015 at 1:47 PM.

The basic idea of engineering is to size things appropriately, not overbuild. Of course, safety factors will always be employed, more so for bridges and less so for fences.

Blog Entries
    Civil engineering the world's second oldest profession.
    NOW you tell me...

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Civil engineering the world's second oldest profession.
    3rd oldest. I think we astronomers have them beat for 2nd place.