Thread: Can Non-Members See Images?

Blog Entries

Can Non-Members See Images?

My wife and I sell items we make at the local farmers market. Some of the items have been posted on SMC with images of the build process. Occasionally people are interested in seeing some of the images or showing them to friends.

Is there a way for non-members to see the images without having to open an account?

Is there a guest log in account? If so is there also a password?

Thanks for any help with this.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim, I don't know of any other alternative, you have to be logged in to see pictures. I imagine it has to do with bandwidth, etc.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You must be a registered Member to be able to view pictures here. We cannot provide enough bandwidth for the thousands of visitors that come here every day and our Members if we allow visitors to view pictures. FWIW we host between 40 to 60 thousand unique visitors every day, if they are serious about joining SawMill Creek all they have to do is register and obviously we hope that Members will post and eventually become Contributors.

Blog Entries
    Keith. Thanks for the explanation.

I have been telling people they may have to register to see the images. I usually also tell them it will not involve them getting unwanted messages filling up their mail boxes.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Blog Entries
    Put the images on a Facebook page and set it to "open to the public". Anyone can see them, then.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

You could also put the images on a site like photobucket and use a link to them and anyone can see them.

Blog Entries
    Put the images on a Facebook page and set it to "open to the public". Anyone can see them, then.
    You could also put the images on a site like photobucket and use a link to them and anyone can see them.
    The images and write ups are already on SMC. There are a different projects of interest to people. Besides if there are more members viewing here, maybe the advertising revenue will improve.

One can hope.

jtk

We really prefer that everyone upload their pictures here so they will always be available. When pictures are stored elsewhere and they eventually are not accessible we end up with dead links which makes the persons thread or post useless. This can cause us problems with the search engines when we have a unreasonable number of dead links. If you want people to see your work its worth the effort to upload them here.

In over 12 years we have been online all of the pictures that have been uploaded are still here and many of the picture hosting sites are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    FWIW we host between 40 to 60 thousand unique visitors every day, if they are serious about joining SawMill Creek all they have to do is register and obviously we hope that Members will post and eventually become Contributors.
    Whoa dude I never imagined that.

Below is a graphic of our server statistics that I captured on July 17th 2015. Note the number of monthly page views we receive.
    Attached Images Attached Images