Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds....will they ever get it?

McDonalds....will they ever get it?

All I ever see hear about is McDonalds is hurting, they are trying to figure out a path forward for their restaurant.

I saw a commercial for their sirloin burger about 3 weeks ago and I needed a hamburger fix. I normally eat at McDonalds exactly zero times per month. I walk in, see the different sirloin burgers they have, ahhhh......Bacon Cheeseburger......ummmm.......

I order a Bacon Cheeseburger sirloin thingy, plain. After ordering fast food more times than I've changed my socks, I've got it down to a science. You have to give your order in the same order they key the orders in. You can't say you want a plain hamburger, you have to say you want a hamburger, plain. If you don't, they forget, while searching for the hamburger button, that you said plain. I've mastered my ordering techniques over the years

I order the combo, plain, only bacon, only cheese. After a few minutes, the manager calls out my order, reads it as "Bacon Cheeseburger, only cheese, combo". Hey, I'm okay with that, as long as you didn't put pickle juice all over it, I'm flexible. I take the tray, head to fill my drink, and I hear "Sir....Sir......Sir......". I look, but can't see anyone. Then, from around the counter, the person that took my order came over to me and said "Sir, I apologize, I keyed your order in wrong. You asked for bacon and cheese and I keyed in cheese", let me fix that for you. I tell her that it's okay, and she takes me tray from me, walks behind the counter, up to the manager, and tells the manager that she keyed the order in wrong and it was missing the bacon. They said "We'll make you a new one". I told me, no need, just put the bacon on it, or just hand it back to me like that, it was okay. Nope. We're making you a new one.

They make me a new one, get me a brand new, hot order of fries, and send me off to enjoy it. It was probably the best hamburger I've ever eaten at McDonalds in all my years. In fact, it's probably in the top 3 of all time best hamburgers I've ever eaten at a fast food place. I was impressed. Wow, if this is what McDonalds is like now, then I'll be back.

I'm pushed for time tonight, think "I'm going to McDonalds to get one of those sirloin burgers".

I roll up, walk in, look at the menu....what....wait......what's going on here? No sirloin burgers. I stepped up and said "No sirloin burgers?" and was told "Nope, I can't believe it either, those things were good" from the cashier.

That's really sad, they show that they CAN make some really good food, but for some reason, they choose not to. I ate my McNuggets, and bid farewell.....until that Sirloin burger comes back

They almost had me as a customer...
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Nice story Scott, now when are those tasty McRib sandwiches coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    +1 on McRib
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    We're using 5 Guys for burgers these days. Really good. It's a treat to go there.

PHM

Because we have a slow web speed here at the house I occasionally on a weekend morning use the free wifi at McDonalds while eating breakfast. In Goshen they don't know me that well and I have to get the burritos for breakfast, which are fine. The manager in Middlebury knows me and they will get out nuggets at 6 in the morning so long as the frier is on and make a 20 piece for me. Those are the only items I have eaten at McD in years.

Sunday morning, it just happened to coincide with my order, the manager asked the guy or girl (I am honestly not sure which it was) that took my order to wash the dishes before he or she left. It threw a fit and stomped it's feet and said "I was in the army! I risked my life for this country and now you are telling me I have to wash dishes?" Then it punched out and left. I just shook my head. The guys I know who served would have washed the dishes and kicked butt while they were doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Paul Plus one on 5 Guys & firehouse for subs
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Only time I eat at McD's anymore is when the McRib is out. I have no illusions of what's in the thing (definitely not rib meat), but it's tasty indeed.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I stop for breakfast--coffee, as good as you can get anywhere and only a buck, and a sausage and cheese mcmuffin.

You can have my mcribs. The fries are always good but I can't handle the rest of their menu.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I only go to Mcd's when I'm going to my daughter' house I order 2 cheese burgers plain no pickles or onions. When I get to her house I treat her dogs to Mcd's so called food. one for each but have to break them up as the dogs would swallow them whole each dog is over 100 LBs

I stopped eating at McDonald's when they started serving simulated meat that was steamed The fries are good and my dog like the hamburgers even like them with the pickles and mustard
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Bell, Biv, Devoe.... Now you know:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/yes-you-r...671001907.html

About the only time I ever go there is when I'm at a particular client--McDonalds is the only place close to their site so if we need to go for a quick lunch that's the choice. They used to have those Angus burgers which tasted halfway decent but last time I was there those were gone.

I actually can't remember the last time I ate fast food. Maybe a month ago when we were on vacation--think we stopped at Wendy's. I'm down to eating out, on average, only once or twice a week. My wife goes out for lunch a few days with coworkers. We used to go out a ton but have been really watching what we eat and I find the more we eat at home, the less I like restaurant (and especially fast "restaurant" food.)

McD's around here does a good job of hiring challenged people and a pretty good job of training them but at times they understaff the counters and chaos breaks out. I just turn around and walk out without comment.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What surprised me, pleasantly, I might add, is that they really seemed to care that the order was wrong and they really wanted to make it right. Honestly, I've never seen that service at any fast food place, nor most sit down restaurants these days, and add to that, that the hamburger was really good. Overall, I walked out of there thinking that they had really made some changes that seemed to be working for them.

Sadly...I was wrong Bring my Sirloin Burger back!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

So far as fastish food goes I prefer Culver's
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....