Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought a Laguna LT14 SUV bandsaw

I just bought a Laguna LT14 SUV bandsaw

I have been thinking of buying a Laguna LT14 SUV bandsaw for awhile now and with Woodcraft having 10% off on all Laguna Tools, I decided to pull the trigger. I had about $500 bucks with Amazon gift card from reward points earned on couple of credit cards so I decided to check Amazon because I know that Woodcraft is also selling through Amazon. I was glad that I checked Amazon because I ended up buying from Woodcraft through Amazon and save about $365 and the Amazon gift card.
    The saw cost $1619.10 from both Amazon or Woodcraft. Woodcraft only charge $19.99 for shipping if you buy from Amazon but will charge you $236.64 if you buy from Woodcraft.com. Amazon did not charge me for tax because it was sold and shipped from Woodcraft. However, if I buy from Woodcraft.com, they also add $148.46 tax. That was how I save about $365. Can't wait to get my saw in the next 2 weeks.

Mike

Sweet! Nice job working a good deal. Fingers crossed shipping goes smoothly.

Congrats!

Sounds like you scored a great deal!

That's a sweet bandsaw, congrats!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Sweet! Nice job working a good deal. Fingers crossed shipping goes smoothly.

Congrats!

Before I ordered from Amazon, I called Woodcraft to make sure that $19.99 is all I have to pay for shipping and their customer service confirmed it.

Congrats! Are you upgrading or buying your first?

Lucky dog! Enjoy it!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Congrats! Are you upgrading or buying your first?

Buying my first.

Good deal! Do a review when you get it together.

'Had one for almost 2 years now. With the 1" blade it does a great job. Congrats on the buy and the 'add-on' savings.
    Peter Widders
    Sydney, Australia

+1, love mine as well. If I'm recalling correctly, you are supposed to terminate the electrical cord yourself, so if you want to be up and running day one, you might pick up a 220V plug next time you are out...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    +1, love mine as well. If I'm recalling correctly, you are supposed to terminate the electrical cord yourself, so if you want to be up and running day one, you might pick up a 220V plug next time you are out...

Home Depot is 5 minutes from my house so picking up a 220V is not a problem. However, the display that I saw at the local Woodcraft has the plug already though.

Amazing what one month difference makes. Saw is $1963 on Amazon or 1799 at woodcraft with $150 shipping. A wash

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Foster View Post
    Amazing what one month difference makes. Saw is $1963 on Amazon or 1799 at woodcraft with $150 shipping. A wash

Hi Duncan,
    I just checked Laguna Tools outlet and they have 9 of these LT14 SUV for $1249 which is over 30% off. At the time when I ordered my saw from Amazon, these are only 20% off and with tax and delivery, I only save about $50 bucks. You may want to give Laguna Tools a call if you want 30% off.
    Mike

Awesome thanks much