Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking again about the Grizzly G)632 Lathe

Sounds like a great idea Jeff. You will be happy with your purchase.

Red
    RED

Well, i pulled the trigger and ordered the 632. I just got the call that it will be delivered on Friday. So only 3 days for delivery. Very impresive.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walters View Post
    Well, i pulled the trigger and ordered the 632. I just got the call that it will be delivered on Friday. So only 3 days for delivery. Very impresive.
    Congrats on the new lathe, Jeff!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walters View Post

Jeff,

I think you will be plenty happy with your decision. I like the Grizzly lathes just fine. Fixing to have one back just shortly!

Hu

Very nice. Looking forward to your report (with pics, of course )
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I got the the 632 last night and right off the bat i was impressed with the packing. Metal frame and legs bolted to the lathe bed with special designed holders. Took be about an hour
    to get all the unpacking done. I had asked if i can remove the head since i need to get the unit downstairs to my shop and they said, yes, however it looks like i will need to unbolt it. My son has a couple friends coming over to help today. So I'll get it down today and get the electrical run and hope to have a report by the end if the weekend....Wahoo!

Jeff

Great to hear.

Red
    RED

Well, i git it together and it looks great and runs. The two things i need to call tech support on, unless someone here has answers, it that my digital RPM read out stays on when the machine is off. Not sure it that should be the case. Also when i run it, it is louder then my old lathe with a slight whin but again not sure if the is normal or not. So i am not going to turn on it untill i talk to Grizzly on Monday.

Jeff.

might try loosening the belt a little

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walters View Post
    Well, i git it together and it looks great and runs. The two things i need to call tech support on, unless someone here has answers, it that my digital RPM read out stays on when the machine is off. Not sure it that should be the case. Also when i run it, it is louder then my old lathe with a slight whin but again not sure if the is normal or not. So i am not going to turn on it untill i talk to Grizzly on Monday.

Jeff.

Jeff,

I don't blame you for being a little conservative! Running time or loosening the belt slightly might quieten the whine or it could be a normal hum you aren't used to hearing. You have probably noticed by now that the RPM display goes off a few minutes after you shut down the machine.

Hu

Hi Hu,
    I left the machine plugged in for a couple of hour and made sure the stop switch was in the off position, but the display was still lit. I am going to do a complete inspection today to see if there is anything out of sorts that may be making extra noices.

Jeff