Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classic Cars, Which do You Own, Did Own, or Wish you Own

Classic Cars, Which do You Own, Did Own, or Wish you Own

I really enjoy classic cars and rebuilt a driver 1965 Mustang Coupe for the wife a few years ago. Now she's hinting at a 1968 - 1969 Camaro. Just wondering which cars you folks do own, did own, or wished you owned. My dad loves the 1959 Ford retractable hardtop but settled for a Cutlass.

MEG.jpg Dad's Cutlass.jpg

Blog Entries
    Nice job on the Mustang Rich. Beautiful.

I've never owned a car that was really exceptional. My favorites are the muscle cars. I like all the brands, the GM's, Ford's, Dodge's, If I had to pick my #1 favorite old car it would probably be a 1970 Roadrunner. Or maybe a 1970 Charger.

But again, I like all of them. The Chevelle's, the GTO's, I can't remember the name of the Buick but it was really nice too. The Oldsmobile Cutlass, 442 and Hurst Olds. The Torino's. The Chargers and the Road Runners.

I really don't know that I'll ever have a car like that. Woodworking seems to take up all my disposable income, .

PHM

Wish I could own either a 1928 Duesenberg or a Cadillac with a V-16 engine

I have a 1984 Mercury Capri RS 5.0, bought new and drove daily until 1986. I also have a 1985 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 that has never seen snow. The 85 was bought used and I am the third owner.

I wish I had either a Shelby Cobra or a 1968 Shelby GT350
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Back in the muscle car days, I owned a 1968 442 that was running 550 hp with all of the goodies put in the engine. Wish I had a picture to post. I finally got rid of it because it got like 4 MPG but it went really fast. Guess why that is one reason why I got so many speeding tickets. LOL
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

1967 Buick Gran Sports, gold with red pinstriping, black vinyl seats, 400ci.......

I wish I had it!!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I owned a 1955 Chevy Nomad, a class car in its day.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

mine was a 1972 Datsun 240Z with shaved heads to boost the power would top out at 160

I once owned a 1966 Mustang, white with a black vinyl top it had front disc brakes which was pretty rare for that model. I was 18 at the time and the car was two years old. I traded that car for a 1970 Torino GT with a 351 Cleveland engine. It was Motor Trends "car of the year" It was a nice ride but if I could have one back it would be the 66 Mustang.

002.JPG

1924 Franklin Tudor Sedan

I regularly drive my 37 Packard 120 Convertible.

Believe it or not it's not accepted as a Classic by the Classic Car Club.

"Classics" for the most part, are typically prewar and were expensive. No Ford and no Chevys. Only thing post war is the Lincoln Continental and a few European jobs like Bugatti.

120c.jpg

I restored an early model Porsche 911. When I finished, I realized that what I had was an old car. I sold it.

Porsche48.jpg

I enjoyed working on it more than owning it after it was finished.

Mike

[My first car was a '46 Ford with a flat head 6. Paid $75 for it but the engine was not in good condition. Completely rebuilt the engine with the help of my father. Bored out the cylinders and had the crank ground, new pistons and rings, replaced all the inserts, new gaskets, etc. Learned a lot about engines with that car.]
    MH-46Ford.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 07-29-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

’76 MGB.

Looking forward to buying and restoring a first gen. Mazda Miata once I retire.

Oh boy, where to start. When I got married I had a '57 Austin Healey 100-6 with a brand new 327 and four speed in it, then I got my first new car, a '65 GTO, for $3330 out the door. Sold the Healey and rebuilt a '55 T-Bird. Continued owning neat cars all my life, right up until now.

Just this afternoon my 16 year old grandson and I took my '48 Jeepster with a 327 Chevy motor to lunch. Last week he assisted me in rebuilding the carburetor. He loves driving them. Next week he is going to work on my '56 Ford with me. New alternator, etc. (302 EFI). His dad and I built a fiberglass dune buggy together back in the day.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I would love to have my 1972 BMW 2002tii back again. I was so red Stevie Wonder could see it.