Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Classic Cars, Which do You Own, Did Own, or Wish you Own

The only "classic" car I've ever lusted after is the 1935-36 Auburn boat tail speedster. I'd love to own one for about a month. After that, I'd spend way too much time worrying about it and it wouldn't be fun anymore. Unless of course we moved to a town in the southwest with good roads and a population of about 300 people. Then I'd be tempted to keep it.

Another exciting story. About 10 years back, I bought a nice '66 Corvair convertible from my 80 something Aunt. She owned it for over 30 years. It was the standard two carb motor with Powerglide. I cleaned it up, fixed a few things and gave it to my then 17 year old granddaughter. She drove it about six months, and gave it back when she was tired of it. I kept it for a short time, and it got lots of comments. Amazing how many people had no idea what it was.

Anyway, here is the exciting part. Sitting at a stoplight next to the cheapest Kia (Rio?) I gunned the motor a couple times and we took off when the light changed. The lady driving the Kia shut me down so bad, it was a real bummer.

Oh, yeah......the worst part.....I don't think she had any idea I was racing her. That was 10 years ago, and it still bothers me .

Don't miss that car one little bit.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.