Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classic Cars, Which do You Own, Did Own, or Wish you Own

Blog Entries
    Here are some more photos of the Camaro I built above;

I turned 11.15@117 on pump gas, normally aspirated.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

The classic car of my dream would be:
    1967 Ford Shelby mustang GT 500:

or Camero Z/28:
    Last edited by ken masoumi; 08-03-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: to post the pix copy paste from Google

Brian, nice ride. Like your woodworking, your attention to detail was evident here as well.

We have a '69 Camaro on a rotisserie now with the parts stashed in every part of what used to be called my woodshop . . . . . hope to be done by end of year.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Patrick! Enjoy it, I had a great experience building my car.

I sold it to a fellow in Australia who enjoys driving it.

Brian,

That is a pretty serious looking car. You did a super clean job on it. Awesome.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I have always lusted after a 60's model Series 62 Cadillac convertible. If money were no object and I could swing for the fences - 1959 Eldorado Baritz convertible.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

I would like to have a '73 Super Beetle again. Texas Yellow. Not like the high performance cars youse guys have had but it sure was a fun deathtrap to drive!

On a sadder note, one of my wife's old roommates married a Mustang nut. This last weekend the family (Husband, wife and two daughters) were riding in his fully restored '66 convertible when a car made a left in front of them. They were all pretty banged up, about 25 stitches for the four of them but luckily nothing life threatening.

The Mustang was totaled. It was fully insured but still all the time that he spent working on the car...
    He's looking for another one.

-Tom
    Last edited by Tom Stenzel; 08-03-2015 at 7:26 PM. Reason: fix mustang year

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rick!

First car was a 55 Ford stick 6. Used to blow off all those 55 Chevy 283s. More classic; 1960 Triumph TR-3A. Traded that in for a 66 TR-4A when my first child was on the way. Had a bright yellow with black trim 77 Datsun 280Z. Current car is a 2015 Subaru Forester.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about this one to put in your garage!!

Red

001 small.jpg002.jpg
    RED

THis is the one I've always wanted. Lotus 7, with the livery identical to the one McGoohan drove in The Prisoner.

Except, I'd take the modern Caterham 7, with the wider body and a honking engine. Same colors though....

Test drove one a few years back. Sitting in the driver's seat, I could palm the asphalt.

When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I drove a '69 Pontiac Firebird throughout high school. I always wanted a convertible of the same year.

I love all the classic muscle cars but am partial to Pontiac so the Firebirds and the GTOs are pretty sweet and I'd love to own any of them. Funny, but I have the money for such things but no time or space for such things. When I was young, I had plenty of time and space was the folk's house...but no money.

Perhaps the rarest of the rare would be a 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am CONVERTIBLE. They only made 8 of them and I think last I knew, 7 were accounted for.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    I share that sentiment Chris, as much as I enjoyed building my car I was happy to see it get into the hands of someone who was more able to accommodate it. If I ever build another it will be a driver, without a doubt.

Finally took some pics of the Jeepster. It's a '48 with a Chevy 327 and Powerglide. Had to take the pics to put it up on CL. No place to keep it now that I got the '55 T-Bird. I will try for pics with it later.

.P8170018.jpg P8170017.jpg P8170019.jpg

In the background of pic 2, behind the tree, is a stealth view of my shop .

Last edited by Rick Potter; 08-07-2015 at 1:46 PM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Nice cars, fellas. I may not beat any of you in quality, but I think I've got the quantity. My baby is my '68 Shelby GT-350 convertible. One of only 412 built with A/C. Bought that car 30, or so, years ago and haven't put much more than 1,000 miles on her. Also have a '55 Chevy 210, '55 Ford F1, '64 Buick Special, and have a deposit on a '67 Pontiac Lemans ragtop. The missus is trying to convince me to invest in a late model Shelby but the new ones just don't give me the warm, fuzzy feelings. I love old cars and old woodworking machinery.