Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to upgade to Windows 10 today?

I plan to upgrade, but probably not today. I'll wait a little while.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    No, not crazy. Version 10.1 perhaps, but never a .0 release of any software if I can possibly avoid it.
    My sentiments exactly! Besides W 8.1 is working fine & doing everything I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I have Windows 7 and am happy with it.

This constant updating is a pain on all devices. What I have works well for me.

The worst update was the recent Android phone update to Lollipop. It took me days to get things straightened out. The same happens for every Windows update.

Grumble....Grumble.....Grumble
    THIS!
    I just spent several hours getting my shop computer straightened out last week after 24 windows updates that were important were installed. Wi-Fi connection stopped working, which is my link to all my files that are in a home server so I can access the same file from the shop or inside our house. No internet access until Wi-Fi was sorted out, no Corel Draw files or laser files until then. I do not allow automatic install of files as I have in the past had something in the works on Corel Draw maybe and while the file itself would be saved any changes to it had not been. Come back to find a rebooted computer because "windows installed updates that required rebooting your computer to install".
    Don't mind that so much but I do mind lost time or aggravation caused by something that happens because something decided to do something without my knowledge or readiness.
    Short answer is NO.
    will wait and see. Too many software programs that need to work when I need them to only to find out my embroidery machine software (which is the only way to communicate with the machine) no longer works, and we have work to do now - at midnight. I had to wait to replace a computer until the laser driver I need was updated to 64 bit because it was our understanding the one we had wouldn't work on a newer computer. Windows 7 Pro in the shop and 4 years old & Windows 8 > 8.1 upgrade about 1-1/2 years old.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

I guess I need to wait until I get an email with a link or something. I was hoping it would just be there and download.

Red
    RED

No, I'll wait until a 10.1 release at least. The real beta test begins today with the 10.0 release. For OS X I wait for a .2 or .3 release.

Blog Entries
    My understanding is that today is the day it will START to roll out. Some will get it today, while others will not get it till later. I never did see where they were saying they would be finished with the automatic roll out. I would assume it might take a week or two to get it to everybody. If you think about, that's about the only way it can be managed. There are not enough servers in the world that could handle downloading something as huge as this upgrade to every windows computer in the world. For those of us waiting for our turn, we just need to be patient.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Not a chance. I might eventually, after at least the first service pack, once they have worked out all of the inevitable bugs, but I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I hated everything about 8.0 and 8.1 and I have no interest in any of the 8-ish features that are in 10.

Blog Entries
    I'm on it right now. Works great, easy install.

I bet 10 has more patches than a quilt. I am sticking with 7 until I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Bemont View Post
    I guess I need to wait until I get an email with a link or something. I was hoping it would just be there and download.

Red
    i did not receive an email but the windows 10 icon at the lower right of the screen has disappeared so something must be happening in the background.

11. I am very Leary of MS giving anything for free, there has to be a catch somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    Not a chance. I might eventually, after at least the first service pack, once they have worked out all of the inevitable bugs, but I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I hated everything about 8.0 and 8.1 and I have no interest in any of the 8-ish features that are in 10.
    I don't believe MS issues service packs any more, just running updates. I plan to wait at least three months which should give plenty of time to get kinks out.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    I thinking October or November for me. Seems like a good project for Thanksgiving holiday. Maybe while the wife goes black Friday shopping. (Not really, she did that once, and swore to never do it again!)
    I have so much crap on my computer to get rid of! I am going to clean house before upgrading.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have a windows 8.1 sitting as a spare that I will try it on first. It has just the OS on it

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Delhommer Sr View Post
    I am very Leary of MS giving anything for free, there has to be a catch somewhere.
    your skepticism is well merited given that it is MS.