Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Patriots .......

I hope Brady sues the NFL for double the money they're trying to extort from him. They're hitting him for nearly a million per game of suspension and they have no proof of wrong-doing.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Well we have to get the figures right.

The balls have to be inflated to a 12.5 PSI minimum.

They measured, at halftime, at 10.5 PSI.

The temps were not brutal, it was 51F at kickoff. For the balls to deflate by 2#, you'd need a 40F differential in temperature, far greater than the temp from locker room to field.

Finally, the Indianapolis balls tested within spec at halftime.
    This isn't about the deflation of footballs...as with so many public issues...it's about the cover up...and lack of cooperation. What happened after the fact is much more important than what happened during the game...which was a slaughter. I'm a Pats fan...I think Brady is one of the best ever. I also think he followed what his lawyers told him to do...and that makes him stupid...and he deserves to pay the price.
    Just to make sure you got the figures right..."They" weren't measured at halftime at 10.5 psi. 11 Pats balls were tested with 2 gages. One gage...they ranged from 11.85 to 10.50 psig. The other...they ranged from 12.30 to 10.90 psig. Temp range was 73.5 deg F to 48 deg F. (iaw Wells report...pg 50)
    But again...it's not about the pressures.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    This isn't about the deflation of footballs...as with so many public issues...it's about the cover up...and lack of cooperation. What happened after the fact is much more important than what happened during the game...which was a slaughter. I'm a Pats fan...I think Brady is one of the best ever. I also think he followed what his lawyers told him to do...and that makes him stupid...and he deserves to pay the price.
    Just to make sure you got the figures right..."They" weren't measured at halftime at 10.5 psi. 11 Pats balls were tested with 2 gages. One gage...they ranged from 11.85 to 10.50 psig. The other...they ranged from 12.30 to 10.90 psig. Temp range was 73.5 deg F to 48 deg F. (iaw Wells report...pg 50)
    Thank you for the correction, Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Damn facts anyway - LOL

Ragardless, that's pretty bad correlation between those gauges. Probably just as bad to compare to the one that the ball boy used to inflate the balls to Brady's preference (right at the bottom end of the spec because we know Brady didn't / wouldn't violate the rules)

Brady is innocent. It was Dougie Spoons.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Is Brady a Great Quarterback....................................... ........................ Absolutely
    is there any concrete proof he knew about the balls..................................No
    Did it have any impact on the out come of the game..................................None What so ever
    Does the punishment fit the crime if there was a crime................................Absolutely NOT!!!! even if he did know.

The Patriot's and Brady turned over every thing the NFL asked for including his cell phone, and all text messages included. They never asked for his personal phone and told him it wasn't part of the investigation. So why the big deal now.
    Is this blown way out of proportion OH YEA!!!!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Here is the heart of the matter. They lied and are covering up. Frankly, ball inflation is a bit of a red herring, im pretty sure for every quarterback who like a ball a certain pressure, there are just as many who prefer it softer, or harder. Frankly, i suspect if it wasnt the Patriots, Bellicheck, and Brady, no one would really care.

Bevel down! Bevel up! Oil stones! Water stones! Power tools! Neanderthal!

Get my point? Im not known for my subtlety.
    Paul

When TOM BRADY is exonerated and wins his fith SUPER BOWL rogerr goodell's salary will be about 50 million and he will still be making WRONG judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    ...blah, blah, blah, blah blah...........
    fixt for you, Kevin.

see, are, double-oh, kay. man up and deal with it, eh?
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 08-01-2015 at 10:38 PM.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

It's times like these that make me grateful my team is the Detroit Lions. It's given me The Cure; I hate football.

Blah? You bet!

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    It's times like these that make me grateful my team is the Detroit Lions. It's given me The Cure; I hate football.

Blah? You bet!

-Tom

Yep Tom,

The only things that get deflated regarding the Lions are our hopes, dreams, and expectations !

It bothers me that professional sports is win at all cost when the integrity of the game is lost something needs to be done to correct that. The cheating like betting on baseball, beating our wives and girlfriends, deflating footballs, leaves the impression that as long as you're making a lot of money playing a professional sport you can do whatever you want The part that worries me the most is what the messages it sending to our kids Young people playing Pop Warner high school and college football or baseball or basketball when get put on a pedestal think they can do what they want to The idea Tom Brady is going to lose $4 million is being a big loss come on That chump change to him. Do I think he did it yes do I think it mattered to the game no
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 08-02-2015 at 1:04 PM.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    Here is the heart of the matter. They lied and are covering up. Frankly, ball inflation is a bit of a red herring, im pretty sure for every quarterback who like a ball a certain pressure, there are just as many who prefer it softer, or harder. Frankly, i suspect if it wasnt the Patriots, Bellicheck, and Brady, no one would really care.

Bevel down! Bevel up! Oil stones! Water stones! Power tools! Neanderthal!

Get my point? Im not known for my subtlety.

It apparently has been common for years for teams to 'adjust' the pressure of footballs to suit Q.B.s There was a retired Q.B. (don't recall who now) who said just that. The same article said that fines in the NFL are levied and paid frequently with no fuss or wide public knowledge. It's the faux self-righteous indignation of repeat offenders that's the issue.

Ball pressure had no impact on the Pats-Indy game. How about the Pats-Ravens game where the Pats won by the skin of their teeth? Is it possible that an easier-to-grip ball could have been the difference in that game? I'm sceptical that the Pats-Colts game is the first time 'the deflator' did his thing.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 08-02-2015 at 9:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Innocent until proven guilty . Beyond a reasonable doubt. Had the media bloodhounds, swarming in their short term frenzy, come up with anything else more meaningful we would have Brady swinging in the wind today. What did they get-nothing. In fact there was nothing to get. No details as to game day footballs. Pump 'em up to X pounds, give the same amount to each team and let the equipment guys handle a dozen each that the two opposing QBs like and let's get on with it. Now I agree with rules that come from mistakes. Have a crew of ball handlers with certified scales, unbiased to either teams, that sort of thing. That's probably our future.
    One rule will for sure be in every head coaches play sheet : don't create a crossing route to fake out the defense with short yardage and the game's on the line while your running back seems unstoppable AND THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS!

Innocent until proven guilty . Beyond a reasonable doubt.
    That is true in criminal proceedings. These are not criminal proceedings. The ball deflation issue is a league rule, not a criminal issue nor even a civil law violation. The federal court proceedings are related to labor law, the NFL collective bargaining agreement and the league's authority to impose the 4 game suspension as I understand it, not the ball air pressure issue. And yeah, calling a pass on the goal line by a team not especially known for their passing game is I'm sure a decision that will haunt Pete for years to come.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 08-03-2015 at 9:26 AM.