Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Patriots .......

Did anyone enjoy REVENGE-GATE?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    Did anyone enjoy REVENGE-GATE?
    You bet we did!

Blog Entries
    WHERE IS ... ROGER?

Even in the crappy weather, it looked to me like the Patriots and their fans were having a very good time.

PHM

Add another "gate" to the list. Headset Gate has begun:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/us/pit...ues/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mitchell View Post
    Add another "gate" to the list. Headset Gate has begun:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/us/pit...ues/index.html
    NFL spokesman on the headsets: "The Patriots had nothing to do with it."
    6:06 PM - 11 Sep 2015

Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

'bout the only nice thing I have to say about the Patriots is that Gronk, last night, got me ~28 points for my fantasy football team.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Vic Ketchum has been a writer in the NFL since the early 70's. Most of his career was spent writing for the Steelers. But has worked in Jacksonville and currently is in Green Bay.
    He mentioned it several years ago in one of his Q&A columns how he and Jack Del Rio would have a friendly wager as to when the head sets would go out when ever they played in New England. Thursday nights radio failure is simply a continuation of communications problems that frequently occur in New England.

Just win baby, Just win.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

image.jpg

Oh, and don't forget about shifting the defense after Big Ben started his cadence. I'm really not sure if it's a rule or not I will have to check, I just didn't like it. Poor Big Ben, great quarterback but really? Maybe if you or Tomlin spent every spare moment in the off season reviewing film they would have seen the shift, it's not new. Wouldn't have gotten by TB12 or BB.

Even if your headsets are sabotaged, how do you forget to cover the biggest guy on the field? They should be ashamed. Tomlin looked like he wanted to cry or fight somebody in the post game interview.

image.jpg

Did Tomlin forget this? Was that cheating?

image.jpg

Thats Tomlin trying to "trip" to save a touchdown, that's playing checkers, BB apparently is sabotaging headset, that's Chess.

And wow, what a horribly telegraphed double pass. Never mind risking the best receiver in the NFL. Man that Antonio Brown is incredible, what hands.

Stupid play call. Plain old stupid.

The Steelers are definitely going to have a good year, they were short two of their best. They are going to be trouble late season for sure, whoever has to face them.

There isn't a Steelers fan out there, that knows football, that doesn't know exactly why they lost. I'm just not sure why the coach and QB would belly ache like that after the game. Embarrassing in a tough sport.

Maybe Tomlin and Big Ben were busy doing "other things" during the Blitz-Burgh years, they made heir living shifting, moving, and stacking blitzes.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere it was against the rules, or the unwritten rules, that a QB can't complete 19 passes in a row in the pouring rain. It's like Monopoly when rolling doubles are great you get to roll again, but 3 in a row puts you in jail. Another deception by TB12, they must have figured out a new way to deflate the balls........

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    ... they must have figured out a new way to deflate the balls........
    Well it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that while everyone was distracted pulling headset cords out of puddles, the Pats were using their wireless deflators on all the game balls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Well it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that while everyone was distracted pulling headset cords out of puddles, the Pats were using their wireless deflators on all the game balls.
    Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah.

PHM

What about the Inadvertent whistle GATE? Drive for 5!

And now that 'threat' of a perfect season is in the rearview mirror....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

You have probably been waiting since week 9 of last year, two coaches, two quarterbacks, and one more Super Bowl passed by to post that

Snow games and close games are fun for sure, not so much the end............

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    And now that 'threat' of a perfect season is in the rearview mirror....
    Don't tell that to the Carolina Panthers!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Dang. I thought me might get to the end of the season with 2 undefeated cat teams... The Panthers and the Cheatahs...