Thread: Gustav Stickley's "The Craftsman" Available On-line

Gustav Stickley's "The Craftsman" Available On-line

A recent build here on an Arts and Craft style coffee table inspired me to order Robert Lang's book, Great Book of Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture, Revised Edition: Authentic and Fully Detailed Plans for 57 Classic Pieces. This also prompted a little more research on the topic of this style, where I learned that Gustav Stickley's magainze, the Craftsman, is available on-line. May not be everyone cup of tea, but for those of you interested, you can find the digital archives at: http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi...rts.HomeDesign. 31 issues published from 1901 thru 1916.

Now, THAT is beyond cool. Verges on full-throttle groovy.

Thanks very much, Joe. Greatly appreciated.

Kent
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Very cool, and much appreciated! When I was at UGA, the library had originals that we would thumb through.
    Maurice

Dang...another place to get lost on the internet. I'm gonna need to get a St. Bernard to come rescue me from the computer!

Thanks for the link. I am living in a turn of the last century Craftsman home now and look forward to researching it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)