Thread: x700 clone job stopping

x700 clone job stopping

After lurking for almost two years, I have taken the plunge and bought an x700, 60W equivalent machine from ebay.

Thanks to the members here, I have been able to setup and get the laser firing without a hitch. I have also got the focus sorted out.

I have moved onto calibration for cutting and etching by using a 10 x 10 grid sorted by vector colour (see attachment). As a result I have speed from 5 to 50mm/s and power from 10 - 100% power.

I am using Corel 12 with the RDWorks 8.0.27 plugin (from the provided CD), with a USB thumb drive to transfer the cutting files to the laser.

Initial cutting of the grids worked well as I did them by speed groups, in case of fire e.g. 10mm/s group by power, from low to high in case the higher powers started burning my MDF.

The problem struck when I tried cutting the whole grid out.

The cutting of the grid was progressing well, when I got to the 48th different coloured box of the grid. At this point the laser stopped. No axis movement, no laser.

I reset the system and the motors and laser were functioning fine. So I re-ran the job.

Again, at the 48th coloured box, all stop.

I have checked the documentation and there is nothing I can find to explain it.

I hope it is as simple as the laser cutter only handling 47 different colours, but hope someone here has a fix for this.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hampton View Post
    After lurking for almost two years, I have taken the plunge and bought an x700, 60W equivalent machine from ebay.

Thanks to the members here, I have been able to setup and get the laser firing without a hitch. I have also got the focus sorted out.

I have moved onto calibration for cutting and etching by using a 10 x 10 grid sorted by vector colour (see attachment). As a result I have speed from 5 to 50mm/s and power from 10 - 100% power.

I am using Corel 12 with the RDWorks 8.0.27 plugin (from the provided CD), with a USB thumb drive to transfer the cutting files to the laser.

Initial cutting of the grids worked well as I did them by speed groups, in case of fire e.g. 10mm/s group by power, from low to high in case the higher powers started burning my MDF.

The problem struck when I tried cutting the whole grid out.

The cutting of the grid was progressing well, when I got to the 48th different coloured box of the grid. At this point the laser stopped. No axis movement, no laser.

I reset the system and the motors and laser were functioning fine. So I re-ran the job.

Again, at the 48th coloured box, all stop.

I have checked the documentation and there is nothing I can find to explain it.

I hope it is as simple as the laser cutter only handling 47 different colours, but hope someone here has a fix for this.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Why would you need 47 or 48 different colors? Most of the Printer Driver software only uses 8 or 10 colors at the most to assign power, vector or raster work settings?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Why would you need 47 or 48 different colors? Most of the Printer Driver software only uses 8 or 10 colors at the most to assign power, vector or raster work settings?
    Hi Bill,

I'm just testing what the machine is capable of and the documentation is ok, but not exhaustive. I suspect that 47 colours is the job limit but the documentation does not cover that.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi Bill,

I'm just testing what the machine is capable of and the documentation is ok, but not exhaustive. I suspect that 47 colours is the job limit but the documentation does not cover that.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Seems like a exercise in futility
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Hi Bill,

Cheers,

Stuart
    Then you already have your answer. I'd like to see the Job where you needed 47 power or raster settings.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10