Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch dishwasher

Bosch dishwasher

I am replacing a dishwasher and am looking at the Bosch 300 series and the 500 series. Anyone have any input on whether the 500 is worth the extra dollars? It has an additional drawer at the top for spatulas and the like and is rated slightly quieter (2db). I have had good luck in a vacation house with a Bosch so I am settled on that. The Kenmore that was in developed a small crack in the tub and is useless.

Blog Entries
    Hi Joel,

Our last dishwasher is from Kitchenaid. We're happy with it.

PHM

We installed a Bosch 500 series with our kitchen remodel and are extremely happy with it. It really is the quietest dishwasher I have been around. My wife loves the top silverware, etc. tray. It does take a little extra time to lay the silverware in the tray, but it does include two regular silverware racks. The top tray can also be used for things like spatulas as you mentioned. You will have to decide whether it is worth the extra money, but we have been really pleased with ours. I have not been around a 300 series Bosch so I don't have a point or reference for comparison of the two.

Put a 300 in our Michigan house. Then 8 years later we moved to Atlanta.

There was a dishwasher already in the house. Not for long. Had it replaced with a Bosch 300.

I don't know that you will actually notice the 2 decibel differential - - this thing is really quiet. And, it does a great job of washing the dishes. I would not have anything else.

If the 500 attracts you, that's fine -- - just stick with this brand and you will never be disappointed.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Bought a new old house 5 months ago and installed a 500. Love it. Adjustable rack is what sold us.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Bosch 300 here...we love it. We can have a conversation next to it or watch tv with the dishwasher running 10' away with no problem hearing the tv dialog. The 300 is so much more quiet than most other I've heard and used. Either way, you should be in good shape.

Blog Entries
    I think we have the 800 and we love it. It was that or the Miele.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I am not sure which Bosch model we have but it beeps relentlessly at the end of its cycle and there is no way to turn it off other than to open the door. This noise serves no useful purpose and is exceedingly annoying. Also, it does not clean as effectively as the unreliable Kitchen Aid it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I am not sure which Bosch model we have but it beeps relentlessly at the end of its cycle and there is no way to turn it off other than to open the door. This noise serves no useful purpose and is exceedingly annoying. Also, it does not clean as effectively as the unreliable Kitchen Aid it replaced.
    it beeps to tell you to open the door so it will dry completely. Otherwise the steam from cleaning stays trapped and never dries...especially plastics.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

The manual explains how to shut off the beep.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    it beeps to tell you to open the door so it will dry completely. Otherwise the steam from cleaning stays trapped and never dries...especially plastics.
    I read that in the manual but I am not interested in damaging my cabinets by exposing the frame to very hot and heavy steam every time we wash dishes. I have already had to repair the varnish once. The dishes air dry just fine at room temperature after the interior has cooled down and the door is opened slightly. I will have to check the manual as Matt suggested to find instructions on how to stop the obnoxious noise.

Went to buy a Bosch and came home with a KitchenAid...which had a bigger interior and better arrangement for our needs. Bosch does make a nice machine, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We have a Bosch, don't know which model. It was so quiet we had to make sure it was actually working. Does a fabulous job cleaning.
    Lori K

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I read that in the manual but I am not interested in damaging my cabinets by exposing the frame to very hot and heavy steam every time we wash dishes. I have already had to repair the varnish once. The dishes air dry just fine at room temperature after the interior has cooled down and the door is opened slightly. I will have to check the manual as Matt suggested to find instructions on how to stop the obnoxious noise.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_12105050_sto...ping-done.html
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

We purchased a 300 series a few months ago. It's been great, cleans & dries the dishes well, extremely quit, can't hear it running. We looked over the 500 series, seems like they were about $300+ more. We just wanted a basic dishwasher without all the extra cycles and bells & whistles. 300 series was the right choice for our needs.
    Last edited by julian abram; 08-03-2015 at 10:04 PM.