Thread: Why the 5 try limit and then a 15 minute timeout ?????

Why the 5 try limit and then a 15 minute timeout ?????

This logging into the website today after installing Windows 10 was really frustrating!! I think Windows 10 messed up my Password and log in information. SEVERAL times today, I tried to log in and was frozen out due to the 5 try limit and then the 15 minute timeout.

WHY??? the 5 try limit and then the 15 minute timeout???

Can't you guys give us old folks a little break while we are learning this Windows 10 thing??? Eliminate the 5 try limit and the 15 minute timeout!!

PLEASE!!!!!!

When I loaded Windows 10 it wanted to default to the new Microsoft Explorer Edge as the browser.
    It did not have my password saved.
    I closed it, changed my default back to Chrome and got right in. Password was still there.

Unfortunately the 5 try rule is to prevent a hacker from using your account.
    After 3 fails it is best to request the password rather than continue guessing
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

Hackers and Bots. Bots are automated programs that do nothing but try to log into accounts over and over and over until it gets in, at which time, it would post many posts under your account.

The 5 log in attempts block those bots from taking control of everyone's accounts.

If someone hacked your account, what's the big deal, it's not like this is your bank account, but if bots could get control over 100's of accounts and post using a program, they would flood this place with advertisements for various mens health products, more than likely.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.