Thread: Junky Yard sale saw to a...

Junky Yard sale saw to a...

Not so junky one? Yard sale find, paid $5 for three saws. One was simply beyond hope, but it did have decent bolts to reuse..
    Second saw just needed a refinishing on the handle, and the rust taken off
    medallion side.jpg
    Nope, not a D-23. The readable (now) etch says this is a Craftsman "Special saw". There is an 8 stamped onthe heel, along with a diamond..

Next up? Wellll...
    Corsair handle,before.jpg
    Hey, the title does say "Junky" right? This is after the bolts were removed. The logo is actually an etch, preserved under a coating of nasty Clearcoat Owner had used it just enough on a closet rebuild to wear away some at the tooth line. Then it rusted there...
    Cleaned the bolts, wasn't any medallion to clean. Reworked the clunky, blocky handle down to better match my "delicate" hands
    completed saw 1.jpg
    Two wheat "leaves" were missing. Added them. Third one up from the bottom. A few coats of BLO. Etch says this is an 8 point. A Corsair C-26. Might be a little better, now.

Salvaged saw bolts? went into a Birthday saw rebuild. The handle was in pieces, the plate was a floppy mess. Kept the bolts, tossed the mess..
    IMAG0233.jpg
    Top bolt line was broken off. Almost looks like a Sandvik? RIP.

Maybe I'll start on a till to hold a few braces in....

Steve, always enjoy your yard sale posts. Wish the yard sales around me had more tools and less junk. Have you noticed that everyone seems to be selling their bread makers? Another all the rage gone south.

Yep, even bought one a while back..to replace the one we threw out...

Lots of older TVs around here. Everyone seems to be cleaning out the closets, too. I'll just keep looking for the ones that say..."BARN SALE!!!"