Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

I got rid of the pool table from my garage. It was great to have when the boys were growing up but now that theve moved out and have families of their own it was taking up space in my shop and not being used. Now I have the whole garage to myself. I pretty much spent the rest of the weekend organising the shop now I have a 2 car garage to play with so I can move in the bandsaw and make permate bases for the Scrollsaw and the joiner. I guess its time to look for a planner and the shop will be pretty much complete. Maybe make a new bench...
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-22-2005 at 4:59 PM.

Got some doors done on a cabinet job saturday. Kinda goofed off sunday, fixing things in the shop.

Got my kreg miter saw stop installed, and hung up 28 clamps that have sat on the floor for almost two years in the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got back from 10 days of vacation. Went to Myrtle Beach, ate lots-o sea food, lot-o swimming and lots-o golf. Made our way through the Smokies on the way back. Great time had by all!

Spent far too much time this weekend doing "work" work, both at home and at the office. Also did the typical weekend house chores that we all know and love.

Shop-wise, I milled a bit of stock and got it glued up for the next go-round of cutting boards, and worked on another couple that are in progress. Also started the vertical sled I'm building to go with the TS fence extension I built recently. Will post pics of both the extension and sled when it's all finished.

- Vaughn

Too humid to do much outdoors other then a quick 9 holes so I spent most of it in the basement shop, 70 sure feels nice when it's in the mid to high 80's outside. Coming along on some TV trays. Tried resawing for the 1st time, some 5/4" spanish cedar to 3/8", the band saw did well. Watched Tiger win another million.

Fighting a loosing battle with the bugs eating all my roses, too hot and dry I guess. Sure wish they'ed learn to eat the weeds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson2
    Too humid to do much outdoors other then a quick 9 holes so I spent most of it in the basement shop, 70 sure feels nice when it's in the mid to high 80's outside. Coming along on some TV trays. Tried resawing for the 1st time, some 5/4" spanish cedar to 3/8", the band saw did well. Watched Tiger win another million.

Fighting a loosing battle with the bugs eating all my roses, too hot and dry I guess. Sure wish they'ed learn to eat the weeds.
    We here in Arkansas can only dream of mid to high 80's. Heck, that sounds more like overnight lows! Yesterday, we had about 97% humidity and it got to 102. Thank goodness for AC!!!!!!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Buy weekend for me, split between yardwork and the shop. The house I bought a year and a half ago had sat vacant for a whole summer, and the yard is a mess. Last year I pulled a bunch of weeds, which resulted in a lot of bare spaces that haven't really filled in very well. So I have been encroaching on the lawn with my garden, and transplanting tufts of grass into the "bald spots", kind of like that hair guy in the white lab coat on tv a few years ago.

Shop wise, I made a zero clearance insert for the table saw, built a mallet and saw handle for a japanese saw, and practiced cutting dovetails. The mallet works great for chopping out waste, can't say much for my ability to saw a straight kerf though. To work out the frustration over said dovetails, I did some reorganizing, clearing out some of the clutter which has accumulated. Oh yeah, I also spent a lot of time breaking down cardboard boxes, mostly from machines and shop supplies which have been building up over the last 6 months, some of which were contributing to the aforementioned clutter.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome