Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomatos gone wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    My tomatoes are doing pretty good.
    If you can see them, why do you have to feel them? And if you can't see them, how is feeling them going to help?
    I use a pruner.
    I'm sorry that you just have regular tomatoes. As I said, mine are out of control and I have 99 plants. Rows are three feet apart but now it looks like one 40'x50' tomato jungle. I can not always see where I am cutting. I see the one I want to cut and follow it down with my hand and snip it off with the knife. Like I said earlier, I don't like using a pruner. I do have a business to run too, so give me a break.

I stopped and bought a finger guard at the drug store, cut the fingers out of an old glove, now I am going to adapt the two so I have what I want.

Thanks for the ideas gentlemen. I am just overtired lately because of work and needed some inspiration. I got it here!

Thanks again, Larry

Larry, go to your local office supply store and buy a box of rubber thumbs. They come in various sizes.
    Joe

Blog Entries
    This might work:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...,43407&p=54669

It is also handy for other things.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Now that I got that outta my system, what I intended to post before Joe took me off track, is this:

Google Cut Resistant Gloves. Plenty at Azon, among a jillion other places. Very effective, and you don't have to worry where the blade may slip to - you will be covered.

Notice how it is Joe's fault?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I read the subject line too fast and thought it said:

'Toronto gone wild' and I thought, "Cool, another baseball thread about my new favorite team! LOL...."
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Kent, they are also good for your Fonz impression
    Joe

I had a tomato that was so big it broke off the vine. It rolled down the hill.when it hit the house it cracked the foundation

Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    I had a tomato that was so big it broke off the vine. It rolled down the hill.when it hit the house it cracked the foundation
    Attack of the killer tomatoes

Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    I was worried about that myself so I was careful to build the house uphill from the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Google Cut Resistant Gloves.
    Kevlar. I have a couple pairs of them.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I was worried about that myself so I was careful to build the house uphill from the garden.
    Too bad you planning was only for runaway tomatoes. Probably should have included vehicles in your planning, no?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.