Thread: Junior Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter???

Blog Entries

Junior Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter???

There are some scraps of apple around the shop that is being turned into items for the farmers market.

I make hair nails or whatever they are called for women who put their hair up.

Some of the scrap suggested itself become a mallet. It is mostly for display since the wood has too many cracks to be a usable mallet.

Then together with a fid (wooden marlinespike) it looks like a vampire hunter's travel kit.

With Mallets Toward None.jpg

Candy, aka SWMBO, thinks there could be liability issues if they are sold together.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim, was the fid turned on the lathe? Years ago, I made a similar one using shaving horse and spokeshave.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pippins View Post
    Jim, was the fid turned on the lathe? Years ago, I made a similar one using shaving horse and spokeshave.

Steve
    Yes it was Steve. I made a larger one that works great when splicing rope or tying and untying knots.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)