Thread: Art show entries....

Art show entries....

I am submitting two pieces to a National Arts program art show later this month. This will be my third year to enter and I was fortunate enough to win a blue ribbon each time the previous two years. As it is a mixed media competition with about 80% photographs and paintings, I was kind of surprised that a woodturning did so well. My previous two entries were both segmented vases, so I am kind of going out on a limb with something different this year. C and C are welcome and thank you for looking.

The platter is 12" wide and based on a Navajo double wedding basket design. The vase is 8" tall and based on an African Zulu beer basket.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (139.4 KB, 119 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (142.3 KB, 105 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (216.3 KB, 89 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (127.4 KB, 130 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (106.9 KB, 90 views)

Stunning pieces. I have always been amazed at the basket designs posted here and these appear Perfect. Should have no trouble picking up another blue

So, these are not actually woven baskets? These are wood turnings that have been carved to look like woven baskets?

Great looking pieces Robert, I'm sure you will do well again this year. Good luck.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Very Nice! Good Luck

Wow!! Those are beautiful. You should steal the show with those pieces!!

Well done! They should leave a mark on the show. Allan
    C&C WELCOME

Beautiful Robert. Lots of work in those. I suspect you will do quite well. Good luck!

I know I have seen & commented on these pieces before, but they are so wonderful 2 comments are justified. Good luck!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Looks like you'll have to make room for a couple more blue ribbons Robert. Very very nice!

I see another blue ribbon in your future.

Had me fooled! Very impressive!!
    Mike Schnorr
    CNCs - Camaster Stinger (25"x36"x5"), Shopbot (4'x4'), Roland Modela (6"x8"x2 3/8")
    Laser Engravers - Epilog Legend (12"x24" - 25W)
    Embroidery Machines - SWF t1501C, Brother BAS-416, Renaissance, Melco EMC1, Melco EP1

Amazing looking work Robert. Good luck at the show and most importantly, have a good time!

wow. just wow...

Very nice work! Best of luck at the show!