Thread: Sandblast Nozzle

Sandblast Nozzle

I inherited this sandblast nozzle with a sandpot that I purchased a few years back. The nozzle is definitely worn out and needs replaced, but I can't seem to find this style. Any ideas where to find them or even what brand this might be?

20150813_133053_resized.jpg

Thanks for any help you may have!

Beth;
    It would help to be able to see the tip, or the "business end".. From what I can see, and I am NOT any kind of expert, I'd say you have a Carbide Nozzle set-up.. I use porcelain nozzles and real sand.. and have since the late '60's.. I was a "Heavy Line Mechanic" for the better part of the last forty-eight years, for ten of those years, I did the restoration work.. Since I retired, I just do full restorations on my classic cars.
    There is a company called "TP Tools & Equipment" (tptools.com... use to be TIP Inc.) that use to sell all sorts of sandblasting equipment, now it's mostly "blasting cabinets".. I doubt you will find the exact same thing you need, but you might find something that will get this set-up working, if that's your intent... you might be able to obtain the "short" porcelain nozzles that fit the threaded hex.. Tho the porcelain wears out in time, they are a LOT cheaper than the Carbide Nozzles..
    Since you said you have a "sandpot", I assume this is a "Pressure Pot" blaster?? If you are using a siphon feed, consider
    getting a quality pressure blaster.. I have a 110lb (capacity) unit that I bought a good twenty years ago.. I've gone thru a lot of nozzles, one "on/off" valve and replaced the two "dolly tires" in that time. I will NOT part with it.. The pressure blaster will do more work with less sand (media) and air than a siphon feed unit. I run my pressure pot at 50-55psi MOST of the time.. A siphon feed required 90psi just to suck-up the sand!
    What size air compressor do you use for your blasting work??
    Charles.

I use silicon carbide as my blasting medium and a carbide nozzle is a must.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

4. I have a monument shop and not the nozzle but the set up looks like the same one I use in the cemetery to do lettering. I use aluminum oxide so I need a carbide nozzle also. You can get them from Wenzco supply, or Granite City Tools. They are like $100 for the nozzle alone though.