Thread: Possible Lumber GLOAT

Possible Lumber GLOAT

Hi:

Well, I was going to go buy some lumber this month from the sawmill in town that I have always bought from, when I saw a farmer with some logs and one of those portable sawmills sawing up some logs. A couple of weeks went by and I decided to call the farmer up. (I used to buy my Maple Syrup from him.) I asked him if he was doing any sawmill work, he said " Yes, that's me!" Found out he had been doing it for a while now and I never knew it. It is just a small Timber Harvestor bandsaw mill with a 30 or 40 hp engine. Saws about 500 feet a day. Not much , but enough for me!! Oh, and the prices: Cherry 4/4 2.00 to $3.50 for air dried lumber

Poplar 4/4 : $1.00

White and Red Oak 5/4 :$1.50

He even has a Lumber Kiln : Did not get prices for Kiln dried lumber: He has about 3,000 Board Feet that is Kiln dried.

Sounds like a pretty good source to me! Good luck, if it is good quality you will want to get real friendly with him!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

good find and the way I also have found my lumber and saw logs. prices are what they should be for that type of opperaton. let us know how you make out. best wishes

lou