Thread: New assembly table

New assembly table

IMG_5280.jpgoIMG_5286.jpg

My first project in the new shop. Assembly table with beadlock loose tenon construction (first time I used this technique), Rockler T Track table top with some maple to make table a little larger, Rockler casters, leg levelers.

Great first project Michael.

How about building a box with drawers that fits underneath for a second project. Mighty handy.

PS: How about a review of how the T track table works out.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Michael,

Nice table! I just ordered the Rockler T-Track table and a couple clamps last week with their sale they had going on. Anxiously waiting for it to show up. I really like your idea of making the top larger...I may have to consider doing something similar when I get to making a base for mine. What did you end up with an overall top size and how tall is yours?
    Thanks!
    Ted

Very nice looking table with a nice sturdy base.

What it the top constructed of and how did you ensure flatness?

Overall size is 33" by 55". I made the height so that I could put a 3/4" plywood piece on top to act as an outfeed table. A 23/32 works better. It turned out a little taller than what I wanted. I measured and measured and measured again and actually thought I had it a little short which was fine because I had the leg levelers, but it ended up the exact height.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Very nice looking table with a nice sturdy base.

What it the top constructed of and how did you ensure flatness?
    I have to confess I did not ensure flatness. I put a piece of 23/32 plywood across the whole thing and then put the t track table on that which is 1 1/8", then I put some plywood around the t track table top and then put 3/4" maple on top of that to meet the height.