Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello SawMill!

I am new to the engraving world. I got into engraving as a hobby and just recently started a side business engraving. The tips from all of you have greatly helped me. One thing I find enjoyable is taking my own items and testing on them. My main profession has allowed me to do many items not seen on here.

Blog Entries
    Welcome. We look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Howdy Thomas,

Welcome to the Creek.

My only experience with engraving was 30 years ago. When my son was born I bought some proof "polished" silver "birth announcement" bars to have his birth information engraved by an engraving shop in a local mall. They came back all scratched up and they told me that was normal.

I am sure anyone who actually cares about their work could do much better. They went out of business in less than a year from when they opened.

I was able to polish out most of the scratches.

Good luck with your business.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)