Thread: Wally the Walleye

Wally the Walleye

I have never done a walleye; they are great to eat but boring to catch. This one is 14" long, the best eating size. Its made of walnut and maple with a clear varnish finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How long you gotta sautee that one?

Looks very cool, Gary.

May I ask what it is for? There is a "why" in there somewhere.............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Nice job! Is Walleye a sought after fish in Ohio? Its the state fish o Minnesota. I can't tell you how many hours I spend in the summer trying to catch Walleye's. Mostly unsuccessful. LOL. Last time out I caught a very nice 3 1/2 - 4lb Smallmouth with my Walleye rig in 18-20 ft depth

You need to mount that lunker! Maybe put it on a horizontal plaque on a bed of polished stones?

I sorely miss fishing for AND eating that species. Since I'd left Minnesnowta for the Pacific NW in '84, it's been mostly salmon and trout. The Columbia is supposed to hold walleyes of a size and proportion that used to be common in the great lakes areas, but confirming that claim is still an empty checkbox on my bucket list.