Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: figuring corner radius

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I'm going to assume this number only works as long as I'm using a 45° angle
    That is correct Bert, there's a different number for every angle. Don't worry, Algebra wouldn't have helped much, it's Trigonometry
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Try using the trim tool:

Sorry you will need to shrink the page to see all of it..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by James Rambo; 08-28-2015 at 6:40 PM.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Quick note Bert, Radius and Chamfer are different in pretty much all CAD programs (just as a note, in case you ever need to use keyboard commands)
    You did what !

Thanks Dave, James were is the trim tool?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Sorry Bert I am not at home. Just cheating at work and looking at the internet. I have a tool bar open at the top of my Corel Draw page that has the 'weld' 'trim' 'simplify' and as couple other tools on it.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

i see it under arrange then shaping.What confuses me with this method is getting the 2 small sq's in the proper place. Kinda hit and miss doing it by eye. isn there an easy way to get them in the right spot. So far Scotts method is the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rambo View Post
    Sorry Bert I am not at home. Just cheating at work and looking at the internet. I have a tool bar open at the top of my Corel Draw page that has the 'weld' 'trim' 'simplify' and as couple other tools on it.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The way to find the corners of this square is to select the square. Then select 'arrange' and 'transformation'. In the transformation flyout unclick 'relative position' and click the corner that you want to find coordinates of. Select the small square and locate it on center at the coordinates of the corner. Click 'arrange' 'shaping' 'trim'. And delete the small square. Do the same with the other corner.