Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate it when that happens…

Where's the fun in that?
    ~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

I built my 1st custom Router table, solid core door cut, sanded and finished along with Oak trim cap. Then build my custom fence for table with nice slides and feather-boards. All looking custom with cool paint theme. I hate it when I measured the table twice for cutout for router plate, Now I am sailing, make hole off centered for room, all good. Until.....I place Fence on table and then remembered.... I change plans on the Table but not the Fence, Fence is designed for hole to be in center of table.

I hate when I get through the 4th or 5th coat of finish and just as the glossy sheen is coming up, I can see that my I have a bump on the inside of the bowl so minor I can hardly feel it, but can definitely see it.

Solution? Fill it with fruit as soon as possible.

Dropping the Ren Wax and getting crud in it.

Tipping over the CA glue.

That little "tick" when you're turning a tricky piece, and you know you're taking light cuts.

Having a pen bushing (or other small implement) fall into the shavings.

This one might not be for everyone, but realizing that you now have several bees buzzing around in the shop.

Actually I do use a big set of calipers ike yours. Being a purist I never felt comfortable with a lazer light, computers, ect. on the lathe. I seldom make funnels but My body is has been in dry dock lately and just very rusty at turning. I was close--on both I sanded through with 220. Now how to repair???

How about spraying lacquer at night and suddenly realize that June bugs are swarming everywhere.

I hate it when my wife realizes exactly how much money I've spent on my turning addiction recently.

Scott - A favorite joke I have heard:
    I hate it when I die and my wife sells my tools for what I told her they cost.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I hate it when I have something in my hand, put it aside and then spend the next hour looking for it. Like when I spent an hour looking for my safety glasses and then realize they are sitting on top of my head.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    Hmm, well, when I head out to the shop to do some thing, and don't even make it to the shop before I forget what I was going to do... Well, actually I get 'distracted'.

robo hippy
    Glad I am not the only one who does that. My wife calls it my happy wandering around the place. Kind of like 90% of my stuff is lost 90% of the time. Every day is kinda like Christmas. I seem to find something that was lost months ago every day. Might be the cause of my distractions.

I hate pinching the nose of the chain saw bar beyond repair, waiting a week for it to get delivered and discover you'll have to wait another week because you ordered the wrong bar.

I hate it when I discover I need a particular tool, buy it, and patiently wait for the delivery and then see it on sale a week later. Seems to happen to me a lot, too.
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Even if your bride catches you with the bag in hand lie-lie-lie. Then when you sell a piece confess and go buy a new gouge.