Thread: Next Powermatic Sale?

Next Powermatic Sale?

Anybody have some inside information on when Powermatic will have their next sale? I'm considering a 3520B and as a=lways am kooking for the best $$ real I can find.

Thanks!

D.
    I finally figured out how to deal with sawdust in my hair.

I shaved my head.

I don't know, but I usually see March and November.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Woodcraft just had an anniversary sale with the discount. I think you are looking at November now. There is a guy on the 'bay that seems to offer discounts. You might check in with him.

Any idea what the discount will be? I'd love to upgrade too...

I have 5 kids so I'm cheap too... anyone have an idea of what the avg Christmas time discount on Powermatic is?

It is nearly always 15%, which brings the sale price to $3,399 plus tax and delivery if applicable.

Since cash is also an issue for me, I am continuing to watch people's experiences with the Grizzly G0766, which is 50% of the Powermatic sales price - $1,700 - which includes shipping.

Yup, I was thinking the g0766 may be my best option!

And just so I don't start an argument accidentally, I know Powermatic is a super lathe.

Since I asked the question, it seems fair for me to answer it as well.

A major Powermatic dealer tells me their next sale will be Black Friday weekend. I hate to wait that long, but not nearly as much as I'd hate to spend $600 more to have it now. It just gives other options in the same class 3 months to change my mind.

That said, I'm not interested in a Grizzly. Period.

D.

I shaved my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Malcore View Post
    I have 5 kids so I'm cheap too... anyone have an idea of what the avg Christmas time discount on Powermatic is?
    Jet/Powermatic have been quite consistent about that. I'm comfortable speculating that the Black Friday sale will be 15% off machinery, 20% off accessories, and free shipping. It's the only kind of sale I've seen from that group in recent years.

I shaved my head.

Powermatic sits in a unique price and quality spot. The only thing I know of in that range is the NOVA DVR2024. It is right at about $3,000. Then the next jump is a big one.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    And just so I don't start an argument accidentally, I know Powermatic is a super lathe.
    I totally agree with you Brian, that a Powermatic is a terrific lathe! I have turned on 9 different 3520b's and I would recommend one without hesitation!

That being said, for those who might be inclined to give any consideration to the G0766, they owe it to themselves to try one out, if a friend or club has one. They might be very pleasantly surprised at what they find! It has not been on the market long enough to build a solid reputation like the Powermatic, but if my 0766 continues to function and perform the way it is now, over the long haul, then I can say it will do anything a mustard monster can do, and has a larger swing, more horsepower,and more distance between centers, which does come in handy when one does not want to have to remove the tailstock to avoid hitting it with the elbow when making some cuts.

I also am not trying to start any sort of argument, nor any type of PM vs. Grizzly thread.......Lord knows, we have had enough of those! Just trying to be helpful to those who might want to move up to a large lathe, but might not have the dollars to make the leap up to the PM, and could be apprehensive about negative things they have heard regarding Grizzly.

There are enough 0766 owners out there now that some body of collective knowledge exists, and not just the opinion of one poster [namely myself ] that people can look to for information. Perhaps if they did want to post some experiences, then another thread and not this one, as I don't intend to hijack this thread.........

I wish Dan great luck with an acquisition of a PM lathe, and hope he gets a great deal on it......good choice Dan!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 08-24-2015 at 6:51 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Powermatic sits in a unique price and quality spot. The only thing I know of in that range is the NOVA DVR2024. It is right at about $3,000. Then the next jump is a big one.
    My perception of the DVR2024 would put it in a different class a notch or two below the PM 3520B. The only near competition I'm aware of is the Laguna Revo 20-36 and 24-36. There's a lot that I like about them, but the 1-year warranty and questionable support are deal-breakers.

It's hard to beat the 3920B at its price point. But deep down, I still want a Robust American Beauty!

I shaved my head.

The Robust American Beauty is only about 100 more than the Powermatic. 100% that is