Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layer alignment problem when doing multiples with Chinese laser w/laserworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Michael Wilson View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much my prob. I do multiple layers, some raster and some vector...BUT, the Raster layers are also offset... like there will be embellishments on a tree that are a different layer than the tree itself, and they will shift over....as well as the Vector cut out layer...
    Having trouble following you. You say the raster layers are also offset? Are all layers offset? Embellishments on a separate layer shift over... as well as the vector???

Some pictures would be helpful.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Yep.... on 3 layers, two are raster and one vector. Second and third layer...one raster and one vector, shift over. The farther from the start point, the bigger the distance of the shift. It isn't doing it at all when I do it vertically so I'm just doing it like that now. This is when they are run as independent graphics....if I run the whole thing as a single graphic the shift over is solved...BUT the image quality is horrible, pixalated. it used to be, (before I put in a new power supply and tube) that the one furthest away from start point was the worst, now the end ones are better than the middle ones. I'm simply doing it vertically as independent graphics now and that has solved the problem... I'll see if I have any samples lying around, but not going to use time and materials that have no extra to spare. But imagine it with just 2 layers... One is a tree with a deep cut background, the tree standing out...then the next layer is bark and knotholes on the tree. If I fire one everything lines up, but if I do multiples, horizontally, the bark and knotholes (second layer)...starts moving off the tree and to the right. It's not like some sloppy thing, it's always the same ... if I do a bunch of rows, each one has an identical degree of shift as the rest of the rows. If I add in a vector cut out...it also shifts....AND to make it a little more confusing...the vector layer ...say it's a circle. Well the first circle is perfect, but after that they get a little glitch, and it's like the starting poing of the circle cut, and end point.... don't come together, the end will be a little off. It's not a big deal, I just sand it to round....but that is another symptom.

IMG_2957.jpgIMG_2957.jpg

The first layer was a Raster, the Oval shape...it started firing on the right
    Second layer was body, boobs, arms etc. also raster also fired from right.
    The third layer was Vector...outline cut...started on left.

Interesting that the start points for rastering and vectoring are opposite. Mine's not like that. Also, I don't understand why the quality of engraving is better when you raster individually and worse when you raster all at once. It shouldn't make any difference. I will choose to engrave individually when there is a lot of blank space between graphics - because it takes less time, the quality does't change.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Jeff,

Just humor me and try this. Put those same images inside a rectangle and send the whole thing to the laser.
    You can have the rectangle cut too if you want to see how everything lines up to the rectangle.
    It's a Chinese thing you know

Gozzie
    Last edited by Ron Gosnell; 08-26-2015 at 3:10 AM.
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)