Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions to make jigs out of?

I use something from Lowe's called "hardboard", which I think is like masonite. It makes excellent stable jigs that you can write on too, so you can keep records of settings or times or whatever. I usually engrave the settings and printer name right on the jig, plus add line designators (A,B,C, etc. plus 1,2,3,etc). You can buy large sheets and they cut it for you the size of your table, so it's easy to keep some on hand.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I mostly use old plaque boards. I keep all of the damaged/defective ones in a box just for stuff like this.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Thanks for the tip on Acetal/Delrin for jigs! I just got in a 0.375" sheet of it, looks super solid!

Does anyone have tips for cutting it and/or thick materials? Is a single pass or multiple passes better for cutting it?
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Keith

If you pay for UPS shipping, I will give you 1/2 clear cast acrylic if I have the size you need in our cut offs.
    Trotec 300 80 watt ** on order**
    Laguna IQ CNC Router