Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computerized Woodworking

Ross, excellent suggestion.....I need a mentor.

I live about and hour due west of Chicago. Anyone around?
    Wood'N'Scout

Steve, Im about an hour or so north of you in Palmyra WI, shoot me a email and we can talk anytime. Im willing to help you out nelsonwoodcrafters@yahoo.com
    Dan Nelson

I am in Bloomington IL if you head down I55 or I39 at all.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I carve wood using a CNC router and it looks waaay better than what I could do by hand and it is 100 times faster as well. What is important to me is the quality of the product, not a demonstration of my carving skills. My wife is a professional graphic artist and she does most of the designs I carve. That is where the artistry, skill and creativity come in.

By the way, the use of a CNC router does not eliminate the need for advanced woodworking and finishing skills.
    It was clever to fall in love with (and propose to) a graphic artist, knowing that decades later you'd be interested in CNC wood carving. That is awesome planning.

Phil, you don't know how close to right you are. I got to know my wife in 11th grade study hall where she would amuse us both by sketching newspaper comic characters like Snuffy Smith and Pogo in various poses. Even then, I was very impressed with her talent.

Mike and Dan, thanks to both of you for your kind offers. According to Google Maps you are both about 2 hours away (give or take 20 minutes). Unfortunately I am currently not able to travel (recovering from surgery). I should be good to go in about 3 weeks, and I'll contact one of you then.

Again, thanks ever so much.
    Wood'N'Scout

Get well soon! Perfect time to start reading up. Pull down the vectric demos and watch their tutorials and visit their forum as well. Really a sweet suite.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.