Thread: X-Carve, Sawmill creek add

X-Carve, Sawmill creek add

Does anybody have the X-Carve,
    It looks like a very reasonably priced CNC. I am not looking for fast, or the most elaborate just something functional.

https://www.inventables.com/technolo...e#fully-loaded
    Gorilla Duct tape 2 x 35;
    16oz Gorilla Super glue;
    16oz can WD40;

I have a ShapeOko 1, and did the assembly instructions for the ShapeOko 2 which the X-Carve is based on. They’re great machines, esp. at the original price goal, if one understands and works w/in the limitations of the extrusions which they’re made out of, or is willing to re-engineer the X-axis if increasing its size (even at the stock size, it’s still a good idea to out in the effort to fasten the extrusions together).

I think it’s probably better to stretch a little financially and get a ShapeOko 3 (ob. discl. I got one for free for working on the documentation) — they’ve almost caught up on the pre-orders, and the expansion kits should be shipping this fall.

I’d like to think the wiki addresses anything which one might want to know. Was there something you were looking for but not finding?

I have just started looking at them. I am getting a laser cutter and figured I would look at a CNC as I hear they work very well with each other. (peanut butter and jelly)
    16oz Gorilla Super glue;
    16oz can WD40;

Note the ShapeOko 3 looks a lot smaller then then x-Carve.
    16oz Gorilla Super glue;
    16oz can WD40;

Stock X-Carve cutting area: 12" x 12" --- can be upgraded by using longer Makerslide, but only Y-axis suited for this --- X-axis should be reinforced or re-engineered

Stock Shapeoko 3 cutting area: 16" x 16" --- upgrade kits to be available this fall, a 5' x 5' machine shouldn't need reinforcing