Thread: My New Workshop is Painted !

My New Workshop is Painted !

Well, it's almost all done. Still a few more hours of trim paint to apply, and most of that is ladder work putting two coats on the facia boards around the perimeter of the building. The shutters are in the building on sawhorses, they get one more coat then they'll be ready to put on.
    This project is coming along slowly, but steadily. I'm working five 12hr days and 7 on Saturday. Add to that the sun is going down earlier and earlier too. I'm thanking my lucky stars its been dry most every day so I can do a little each day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marion Smith; 08-29-2015 at 8:17 PM.

Like the colors. When do we see the inside?
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

The shop really is the same color all the way around. Pics taken on different days, different time of day, cloud cover....etc.
    There are pics of the inside on my other 2 threads about the workshop. It's still not up and running, but that's okay with me. All things in time.

That is definitely not a color I would have picked looking at paint swatches, but I like the result it had. Can you share the color with us? Thanks.

Benjamin Moore
    Moor-Guard Lo-Lustre
    Wall - Passion Vine - 1504
    Trim - Trailing Vines - 1505
    Thanks for asking, and, yes, it wasn't colors we picked out first, or second...or even third! We'd pick out a color, buy a sample quart and take it home and put two coats on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, let it dry for two days and then stand it up outside against the building, step back and have a look. It seemed every different color we picked looked like something you'd make sheer draperies with. We went back to the paint store and got a different sales person this time, a woman. They guy we were working with was off that day. Anyway, she encouraged us to go bold, and tadaaaaaa! There it is! It really looks tons better in person. The cellphone camera and computer screen doesn't quite capture the color. It also blends in with the lawns and trees. We are very pleased with both the colors and the quality of the paint, its not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Smith View Post
    Benjamin Moore
    Moor-Guard Lo-Lustre
    Wall - Passion Vine - 1504
    Trim - Trailing Vines - 1505
    Thanks for asking, and, yes, it wasn't colors we picked out first, or second...or even third! We'd pick out a color, buy a sample quart and take it home and put two coats on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, let it dry for two days and then stand it up outside against the building, step back and have a look. It seemed every different color we picked looked like something you'd make sheer draperies with. We went back to the paint store and got a different sales person this time, a woman. They guy we were working with was off that day. Anyway, she encouraged us to go bold, and tadaaaaaa! There it is! It really looks tons better in person. The cellphone camera and computer screen doesn't quite capture the color. It also blends in with the lawns and trees. We are very pleased with both the colors and the quality of the paint, its not cheap!
    I did something similar when deciding which color to paint my walls in the shop. I must have purchased 10 quarts of various colors, stains etc. Put them on plywood and hated them all. It was starting to get very expensive. I finally went with one of the first colors I chose, which the wife suggested I use and I really like it now. I purchased Sherwin-Williams but I'm constantly impressed with Benjamin Moore colors. Thanks for the color info. I may use these on something I'm thinking of building.

Looking awesome. Great job! I like the color.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Nothing better than a shiny new shop. Well...almost nothing.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.