Thread: Anyone know how to set up a Robland J/P?

Anyone know how to set up a Robland J/P?

Hello all,I picked up a Robland jointer planer with the mortiser attachment. Near as I can tell, it's like the early X31 set up- the outfeed table lifts up to access the planer, but the infeed is stationary. When I got it, the infeed planer roller was worn to death- chunks coming off the rubber. So, I turned down a solid steel roller ro replace it. After sharpening the knives, it cuts great, but snipes like crazy the first and last 5" or so of every board that goes into it. I can't see any adjustment for the feed rollers, and there is no pressure bar or chip breaker. Does anoyone have any ideas how to set this up?I picked this up as a replacement for the other tools, which I'm working on selling off in preparation for a cross country move. My Yates American J-180 18" planer is gone, and I'm looking for a new home for my Crescent 12" jointer. At least this J/P is giving me something far more compact to take with me but golly its a toy compared to what I'm used to.Thanks,Michael

I have the Robland JP, however both tables lift to access the planer. As I recall (my machine is currently in storage), there are spring loaded bolts (infeed and outfeed) which you use to adjust the rollers. Will check when I am able to access it. bob