Thread: Black walnut dining room table

Black walnut dining room table

image.jpgimage.jpgHere is table in the Catalan style , still waiting for wrought iron stretchers
    108" x 46" x 31" tall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Thomas love; 08-31-2015 at 8:31 AM.

I like it a lot, Thomas. Did you come up with the profile yourself ? ..Based on something you saw or a replica of something you saw ? I could see that in a Catalan castle or monastery.

I like it too! What was your process for shaping the ornate legs?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    At first I wondered where you found such a large tree to cut the legs out of one piece, but then upon closer examination I see that the grain changes near the legs. I must say your design is unique.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

truly unique set of legs. super work. Think your toybox is stellar too.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Wild! (in a good way).

Would like to see the chairs (and a candelabra?) that will go with it.

Keep the photos coming,
    C
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

image.jpgYonak , what happens is the designer sends me pictures of tables in the Catalan style of which I had no clue as to how they looked until the pictures showed up in e-mail.
    Her request is for me to make sure the table is 9 ' long 46" wide and 31 tall and similar to the pics which no two are alike yet have similar elements relative to that time period , some very crude and some more refined .
    Next step is to freehand draw templates fro 1/4 inch ply until I feel I have something that will work .
    From there it is bandsaw and spindle sander and pray she likes likes it , and she did .
    The fun part in my opinion is I get to make something I have never seen before.
    Thanks for looking .

heres a pic of templates , easier to maintain symmetry by drawing 1/2 templates and flipping
    the bottom stretcher shows two templates , the one on the right is the one used for the table .
    Last edited by Thomas love; 09-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks , Michelle .