Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ain't been around much this summer, Doing lots of glass

Ain't been around much this summer, Doing lots of glass

I've had kinda a rush on these things over the summer.. They pick em up a Walmart and drop them off to me for etching.. They are using them for family and wedding/anniversary gifts..Anything with a photo on it..
    Just a few samples of my glass work..
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgWine.jpg10inch.jpg
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

wow that's fantastic
    There isn't much call for that kind of stuff here in New Zealand
    but i am so going to have a play in the weekend, maybe
    i can generate some interest.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

Bill, as far as my opinion goes, after doing this for 8 year or so now, you have to be one of the best in the business for engraving glass. I've never seen anyone come even close to your work. Beautiful work, congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Bill,

Gorgeous!

Dave
    And good to see you back!! <grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thanks folks, I love doing glass, the only time I have had a problem is when someone sends me a file via one of those huge file storage services. I find what ever gets sent to them, they compress it by about half and when I download it, there are usually compression artifacts that won't be seen until the etch is done. At that point there is nothing I can do about it. So, beware of files customers may send using one of these services. Have them attach directly to the email. Eventually, my business will drop all the other stuff an concentrate on wood, glass, and granite portrates. I'm 68 now and have to decide soon, just how much I want to supplement my pension.ha..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Incredible work, I love the dog one on the wine glass, how do you overcome the variation in the surface level on wine glasses, or do you use a rotary device for those?

Holly cow this is why i am wanting to learn how to do photos... As i think every one has seen all of the other things but not many have seen photos as this is why i am wanting to learn how to do the photos.... I think they are more memorable than most any other thing and also sentimental
    STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
    Junior Hall
    Boss laser
    engravelab 9v

Wow Bill! Once again you throughly impress me with what you can do with glass.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clague View Post
    Incredible work, I love the dog one on the wine glass, how do you overcome the variation in the surface level on wine glasses, or do you use a rotary device for those?
    Thanks eveyone. And Jack I don't own a rotator. Once you know your machine and it's limitations you learn how far to focus into the curve, and how much of that curve is etchable before you go out of focus. On my machine, it's about 3/16" into TDC and a maximum of 60% of the diameter. But as I've said in the past, 95% of the job is tweaking the photo just right, and I use the general glass setting in photograv (the old one) to process the file after sizing it to the job.

Thanks Bill, keep it up they look awesome, will certainly be giving this a try if i end up getting my laser.

Bill,

Its a shame that you don't own a rotary attachment for your laser. Just think of what you could do with a rotary based on what you can do without one.
    Thanks for the pics.

I still say it's the dish soap and not the oatmeal

Gozzie
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Bill

Good to see you back on the forum.

You are the Master!
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I wish i lived close enough to beg to watch. this is my attempt that we discussed on the Wine Bottle thread. I am learning to tweak the photo. I don't have photograv. I did find the Gold Method to convert the photo. its the learning how to take it the rest of the way to account for circumference and curve. If you ever decide to get into the youtube learning I wish you would post a tutorial on tweaking and set up.

Your work is truly amazing. I am not wishing to get that good. I do want to do quality work. This is my passion
    Olive Wood Slimline.jpg
    Traditional Rollerbsll in sassafras.jpg
    churchilll.fountain.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

Glad to see you back Bill. Very nice work as always from you.
    VLS4.60 30W