Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is going on in this youtube video?

THe operator is making end bars for extraction super frames, for a standard Langsworth style hive.They're not long enough for deep supers.
    The parts are the two ends of a frame. The top bar and split bottom bar will be nailed into the notches on the end bars.
    A sheet of wax foundation will go into the frame and wires, or clips will hold it in. Drilling holes in the end bars is the next step.
    He is doing it on some type of a multi blade saw. The top and bottom notches are plowed with a dado, or shaper.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Here is an image I found of an upside down brood frame that makes the parts being manufactured a little more clear. Below that is a plan for a frame.

Attached Images Attached Images

No, I do not speak the language. I ran some words through google translator. Was really trying to figure out some specs of the arbor or the machine.

Any moderator any idea why this posting does not have a "Page 1 of 2"
    Last edited by tom suica; 09-06-2015 at 7:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    He's making the ends for frames that go in a beehive - a whole lot of them!
    Yes that is exactly what they are making. I have dozens of them in my be hives.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Looks like a gang saw.
    Or a multi-bladed table saw.
    They are using a power feeder and a gang saw to cut three at a time from larger pieces of material that have been milled to fit the top bar and bottom bar for a frame to hold honeycob.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tom suica View Post
    Any moderator any idea why this posting does not have a "Page 1 of 2"
    I think the software needs a certain total length of posts depending on the size of individual posts before it goes to additional pages. Since most of the posts thus far have been one liners It doesn't need a second page yet.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute