Thread: Oneida Air - Generic Remote Control

Oneida Air - Generic Remote Control

I have a new Oneida Air 220V dust collection system. I'd like to have remotes hanging close to various workstations. But the cost of buying additional remotes is crazy - $35 each plus shipping.

Does anyone know of a generic remote or how I can determine what frequency the Oneida works on so I can try to find one?

Thanks advance for your advise!

Welcome to the creek.

Have a 110V coiled contactor switch the DC on. Use cheap remotes to control the coil. Buy them online or at a BORG. Buy the remotes with the same freq identifier on the package.

There is also the run bell wire to each tool and use that to control a coil and install a push button at eac. Or use an AC Split Core Current Transformer and and have the dc turn on when the tool is powered up. No remotes needed.

Have those switch a pneumatic solenoid and use an air cylinder and have that open a blast gate while you are at it.

You can have a lot of fun with tools with a bit of electronics and pneumatics understanding.

Time for you to blow up youtube
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 09-03-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

It's easy to switch a VFD (and hence anything using one) using a stock wireless zapper and associated relay switch from wherever. Just put the relay in a loop from the low voltage control output to the relevant control terminal.

I guess I'm confused. Why would you want multiple remote fobs hanging around the shop? Wouldn't it be simpler to clip a fob to you or your apron and always have it with you?

My Jet air filter has the same remote as my Grizzly cyclone; which can be a real pain if you aren't careful. Borrow something and try it.

I have three locations in the shop which are designed to hang my zapper where it can be easily reached with a few steps no matter what i'm doing.. Not quite as convenient as having it on a belt maybe, but the problem i run into is that if i put it in/on my pocket/belt or whatever it ends up left in my pants, could end up in the washing machine, put down somewhere in the house, get lost - anything. Casually putting it down in the shop is even worse. At least that way i know where it's got to be...

Got a sub panel in the shop? If so, put a sensor in the panel box to control DC. Tool turns on or off, DC does the same. Add a delay on break timer to allow for pipes to clear. Mine runs for 10 seconds after machine cuts off. For sensor, look in FWW Aug 2000.

Thanks, guys. I have almost zero electrical knowledge. But the solution Bruce refers to sounds spectacular. Bruce, is that something a guy with no electrical knowledge can setup or will I need an electrician?

I have the oneida wireless remote and I can confirm that the cheap Hampton Bay ceiling fans from the HD work on the same frequency. I was having all the fans in the house turn on and off for a few days before I figured out that the oneida was the cause. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to turn it on with those, they do have dip switched inside so you can change the frequency, may have to do some fiddling to figure out which combination works...This is the one, on the left.http://www.replacementremotes.com/ha...FY-HaQodn-EK_g

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Small View Post
    Thanks, guys. I have almost zero electrical knowledge. But the solution Bruce refers to sounds spectacular. Bruce, is that something a guy with no electrical knowledge can setup or will I need an electrician?
    The original article included both diagrams and pictures. Most electricians wouldn't be familiar with sensors and relays, unless they did control wiring.

Perfect opportunity to teach yourself something new Mark.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.