Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weld tool - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weld tool - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It seems to only work when it wants to with no rhyme nor reason (to me anyway) as to the way to get it to work.

I have weled some shapes together and now want to add a couple of other things and n matter what I do it wont weld

I am so frustrated I would go to the pub but I need to drive later so cant

Rant over now I have a nice cup of tea
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

I don't know if this is your problem , but I find that Corel can only weld two objects one time. for example, if you three objects to weld, you need to pick two, weld those and then select the next and weld again and so on. If you select multiple objects to weld, nothing happens.

Hope that helps.
    Real Mercier
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 W
    Roland PNC1000
    CorelDraw X3
    FlexiSign 7.6

Graham if it is possible post your file that your working on up here. Save as a X6 version as that is what I have. I'm thinking the objects your trying to weld maybe on different layers. Not 100% sure that would cause it but happy to try and find out what's going on. Saturday here already and I am going to the pub and I think that is the answer to solve all Coreldraw issues. You need to have a few beers first so you don't get so frustrated.
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

He should save it as version 9 that way more people can help him very few have x6

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Fraser View Post
    Graham if it is possible post your file that your working on up here. Save as a X6 version as that is what I have. I'm thinking the objects your trying to weld maybe on different layers. Not 100% sure that would cause it but happy to try and find out what's going on. Saturday here already and I am going to the pub and I think that is the answer to solve all Coreldraw issues. You need to have a few beers first so you don't get so frustrated.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Yes Bert will See if he is happy to upload the file version 9 if possible
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Mercier View Post
    I don't know if this is your problem , but I find that Corel can only weld two objects one time. for example, if you three objects to weld, you need to pick two, weld those and then select the next and weld again and so on. If you select multiple objects to weld, nothing happens.

Hope that helps.
    Real Mercier

Thats interesting so we need to find out what is going on. I just did a quick test in Coreldraw X6. Created five objects, one large circle and four smaller circles overlapping on the perimeter. Selected all the circles and they welded together no problems. Something else is going on. Anyone can post a file that is giving them an issue with welding. Save it in version 9 and we can try and find out what is happening.
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

I'm with Bernie, I weld things together all the time in X5. Large numbers of things as well. One customer sends me files that come into Corel with 100's and 100's of individual objects, overlapping, etc, to make the shapes they want. I select them all, hit weld, and it makes one shape. I've not seen an issue with it. Maybe you have some items on another layer and that other layer is locked (the pencil is clicked on in the object manager)??? Just a guess.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I just did the same thing, I welded 6 objects then I added more objects and welded again . no problems. So we need to see your file.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hmmm, if an outline is converted to a object, it wont weld with the others...
    I just tried 3 circles, the third I converted to an object and it did not weld with the others.
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Right once you make changes from the original I find they don't weld also.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Right once you make changes from the original I find they don't weld also.
    Try this file Bert. I have three circles converted to outline and then added a circle. Selected them all and they weld. See if it does the same for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

Corel 7 can weld how many object you select, but here is just one outline and no objects will color fill
    LaserPro Spirit GE 40 W, Rotary attachment, honey comb cutting table, Micro Flame Polisher, Windows7, Corel X6, Photoshop CS4, Photograv

Bernie I tried what you did and it does weld. But I guess I misunderstand the purpose of welding. I've always used the weld function to remove the interlocking portions of text. Doing what you have done leaves everything interlocked. This is what I did with your circles. welded circles.jpg3 circles welded. Yours the circles remain intact. Question...... What is the purpose of leaving them together for cutting or engraving ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Fraser View Post
    Try this file Bert. I have three circles converted to outline and then added a circle. Selected them all and they weld. See if it does the same for you.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert I use the weld tool a lot when recreating artwork. I rarely use Corels trace function. I use to screen print before I bought the laser and Tom Night from AdvancedArtist has some great tutorials on using Corel to recreate Artwork. He also uses shapes to recreate text instead of using the Beizier Tool to trace around text ( in cases where the text is unavailable and unable to be identified). He has a lot of tutorials on YouTube. Have a look at them if you get time. Another brilliant tutorial is Thomas Triminghams 0-60 Training. You have to buy that one or you may be able to rent it over there. Those sort of tutorials really show you the benefit of using the trim, weld, back minus front ect functions
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

Thanks Bernie
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander