Thread: P51 fighter

P51 fighter

My brother just completed, from a kit , a P51 pedal car for his grandson. Its a combination of wood and metal working. The color scheme he used is that of the Red Tail squadron. I believe the parts of the kit arrived precut and he did a excellent job of assembly. He added sound effects; machine gun, engine, radio com with static, bearings for the pedals and wheels. The woodworker that sells these kits did a great job of design and execution.

Brother lives in Seattle near the Paul Allen air museum, he was allowed to take the pedal car to the museum to photograph his pedal car next to a P51. His lucky day, the real Red Tail P51 had stopped for maintenance for hydraulics trouble, and he was able to get a pix next to the real thing. I haven't received that pix yet.

The pedal car and from the Red Tail website.
    WP_20150621_001.jpg mustang3.png
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Oh man thats awesome! All it needs is a Mustang emblem

What a cool thing to put together for a young kid! I'd pedal one of these myself, though I'd really prefer the real deal I've seen a different P-51 flying around the Bellingham (WA) airport in the recent past, when there used to be a historical group there.