Thread: I think you will find this story interesting. I mentioned it in an earlier thread.

Blog Entries

I think you will find this story interesting. I mentioned it in an earlier thread.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Lowell. Before this I had no idea where the Red River Valley of song lore was located.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Thanks Lowell. Before this I had no idea where the Red River Valley of song lore was located.

jtk
    The Red River Valley is a region in central North America that is drained by the Red River of the North. It is significant in the geography of North Dakota, Minnesota, andManitoba for its relatively fertile lands and the population centers of Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks, and Winnipeg. Paleogeographic Lake Agassiz laid down the Red River Valley silts.

"Song Lore"- Isn't that a place somewhere in China?

Having lived in Natchitoches (pronounced nak-a-tosh) in a home on Cane River lake, I am well aware of this story. Quite interesting.
    If you're anywhere near the area, the Christmas festival at Natchitoches is quite an event.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.