Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The line in the sand

Mike,

You don't really need to modify anything... If you want to insure the saw dosn't bind just clamp a 1" piece to the fence and set the fence to 1" over....inotherwords if you want to cut 20" ...the cursor reads 21" and a small 1" piece is a spacer so the workpiece is free when it contacts the blade..
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    OK so I just was saying something different....OK?
    TIP:What is really terrific with a sled on a cabinet saw is to use the Biesmeyer fence as a stop ....just slide it to the dimension you want...read it from the stick on tape that comes with it at the curser....lock it in place and you can make all the same cuts you want. The distance from the fence to the blade is the same with or without the sled
    I do it the way mark does, only I add a piece of wood between the work piece and the fence that comes out once I am ready to make the cut. And is it just me or is it possible this topic got more replies because Gail has a much cuter avatar than say Jim Becker or John M? And I for one say that if she is down in the shop cutting wood, someone should be helping her out by making dinner!!

Tim....I beg your pardon: John M. and Jim B. have very cute avatars ....yours is special too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    I do it the way mark does, only I add a piece of wood between the work piece and the fence that comes out once I am ready to make the cut. And is it just me or is it possible this topic got more replies because Gail has a much cuter avatar than say Jim Becker or John M? And I for one say that if she is down in the shop cutting wood, someone should be helping her out by making dinner!!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I too use the method Mark S. suggested. As I've tried it "once" the other way with scarey results.

I used to fix dinner while in the shop but found out the Walnut saw dust was bad for my health:{ So I moved the micro-wave outside.