Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reception Desk with Curved Front

Tuesday the windows went into the sprayroom and got primed and one coat of paint (SW Trusty Tan). On Wednesday I put the final coat on the windows. Had a drool on the corner window which meant I had to recoat the whole thing. That coat came out horrible. Likely because of paint at the end of it's pot life and the sprayroom being at 95F. Scuffed and sprayed again and it came out good.

Today Snobnd and I went down to do some more work. He did some final touchups on the sheetrock, mudding. I got there an hour or so after him. I had the windows and the solid core Oak door. The rectangular windows went in without a hitch. The angled window we needed to carve a small bit of the sheetrock out because at points it was a bit thicker then planned. This affected the reveals on the inside of two outer windows. We got it all straightened out. Screwed them in and slipped the backs on them. Waiting for glass to come. It'll be 1/4" tempered, when it comes, we'll get it put in.

We had to fit the door, the hinges were mortised by me earlier. Put it up and closed it and it needed to be shaved a bit. Easy to take more off. Sno used his door edge planer, two angled passes at 1/16" and we hung it back up and it was perfect. Sno had the jig to do the door handle holes so he got that done, all I did for that was stabilize the door.

That was the day. We took the door down and I'll get it finished in the shop and it'll be rehung. We'll go back after the glass comes in and should be able to finish up the project. They have their own painter, and the electrician needs to put up a pair of sconces.

Still no photos of the exterior because the plastic is still hanging.

98% finished with this room build. Someone forgot to paint the small cove molding that hides the sheetrock space near the counter...oh wait, that would be me.

The glass came in yesterday and I picked it up on the way down to the job site. So today we put the glass in. The interior split jamb/casing got a "D" shaped weatherstripping applied to the rear and then 4 screws were put into the jambs to hold things together. This squeezed the glass in place. The door that I stained and cleared was hung, I made a router jig for the strike plate. I borrowed some lipstick from one of the ladies that worked there to find where the latch hit the jamb. It was really enjoyable to see the expression of the ladies when I asked if I could borrow a lipstick.

We cut all the ceiling tiles to fit all the odd shapes that were left behind because of the angled wall, a slight bit of touch up on 2 places in the drywall. We removed the blue tape that was protecting the counter that supports the wall. A nice vacuum and the job, minus the small moldings, is complete for us. The painters will take care of the painting and the electricians need to put in two sconces on either outside of the two windows on the flat wall section.