Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Thread

Blog Entries

Official 2015 NFL Thread

This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) complaining about how bad the Detroit Lions are (and bragging about how good the Michigan State Spartans are) but I thought I'd start a football thread for this year.

My teams are the New Orleans Saints and the LSU Tigers (I lived in Louisiana until I was 30 years old). Not sure what kind of year the Saints and LSU are going to have. Glad to see LSU win a highly contested game with Mississippi State last night. Hope the Saints win today at Arizona against the Cardinals.

Good luck to you and your teams this year.

PHM

There, I made it OFFICIAL. Looks like I'll need to change my avatar...coming up!!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Looks like the Bucs were right on with their draft picks again. Sure glad they didn't pick that non-NFL ready Marcus guy.

But if things really get bad, I hear Josh Freeman is available.

The league will probably claim the folks down here aren't REAL fans and move the team to Fargo.
    Regards,
    Dick

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!......glad to see they started by beating the Seahawks.........

Packers, like most every other team, have some work to do.
    September football is not a premium game. November and December is when the identity starts to reveal itself.
    But I'll still watch September football.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) complaining about how bad the Detroit Lions are....
    I never complained about the Lions. I sneered at their sorry excuse for competitiveness. I observed and commented on their incompetence. I reveled in their tanking in the 2nd half for the past 50 years - as demonstrated just the other day. They are a joke, as proven yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    This will be a little different this year without a certain someone (KAB) ...bragging about how good the Michigan State Spartans are......
    No brag. Just fact.

Ask any New Duck you happen to meet.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Kent, Why don't you give some thought to a new bet this year?

Just nothing on the Saints or LSU.

Looks like Kent retired for a week and now he's already on his first reunion tour.

This is the one to pay to see. When we get to the third one, he'll be wearing a bandana and a ponytail and the band will be a lot louder.

Blog Entries
    I thought Aaron Rodgers looked great last night. Best QB in the game right not as far as I'm concerned.

The Saints are looking like they're going to have a really poor year. The Saint defense is just horrible. Hard to watch.

PHM

Go Orange Crush...they are back!!! (thankfully)

Hopefully Peyton gets more protection as the running game is non-existent. He'll need to throw it 4000 yards this season!

Still...3-0...not too shabby.

4-0 and this time the D let them back in for some reason although Peyton is still not back to form unless this is his form now. Ugh. He's thrown 5 INTs this season...1 in each game and two yesterday. Still, somehow the Broncos are 4-0 so I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    4-0 and this time the D let them back in for some reason although Peyton is still not back to form unless this is his form now. Ugh. He's thrown 5 INTs this season...1 in each game and two yesterday. Still, somehow the Broncos are 4-0 so I'll take it!
    That was a nice TD run by Hillman. Peyton's days as a tier 1 QB are dwindling, I would like to see Osweiler get more playing time.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I thought Peyton got it together with the comeback against the Chiefs but then regressed a tad against the Lions and a bit more against the Vikings so I dunno. He still doesn't look like Peyton unless like you think, maybe this is the new Peyton. That ain't good...sigh. However, it could also be Kubiak and the new O-Line.

Ouch on MNF blunder.......poor lions. Don't forget it happened to them last year in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    Ouch on MNF blunder.......poor lions. Don't forget it happened to them last year in the playoffs.
    Quote fro NFL.com ........."You can't bat the ball in either direction in the end zone," Blandino told NFL Network Monday night. "K.J. Wright batted the ball. That is a foul for an illegal bat.
    Blandino was asked directly if a penalty should have been called.
    "Yeah, looking at the replay, it looks like a bat. It looks like he takes his right hand and bats it intentionally," Blandino said. "It's a foul. We have to make that call."

The blunder was by the back judge!!!...Seattle's K.J. Wright deliberately batted the ball out of the endzone...which is a penalty... so I don't see how the official can say he didn't do it on purpose!!
    Last edited by Barry McFadden; 10-06-2015 at 2:33 PM.