Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Poor Lions my sweet patootie. This is their lot in life. Hows about not fumbling the ball? How's about one time - just ONE TIME - in the first 58 minutes of the game, your offense crosses the 20 yard line?
    The Lions have a lot to be proud of. They beat the Monsters of the Midway, a powerhouse team this year, led by the highest paid quarterback in the league. How the Lions beat the Bears, I just don't know.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    LSU at Alabama is coming up this Saturday.

Hold that Tiger!!!
    PHM

I'm not familiar with those NFL teams, Paul.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

that's OK Chris Alabama probably beat one third of the pro teams out there
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Detroit fired nearly everyone today, where is Kent's commentary on it, I was looking forward to it since I saw the news.

...and onto Brock Osweiler....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    ...and onto Brock Osweiler....

They need to make the move soon. Either that or play Manning every other week..
    Father Time takes its toll.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

There's no hope of a Super Bowl with Brock. So Peyton either needs to take the time to heal and come back or we just fold up the season now. Denver may well make the playoffs with Brock...perhaps barely but it may be enough time for Peyton to heal up and then hope he can shake off any rust to push Denver the rest of the way. But no matter how I slice it, it doesn't look good and I'm sure all the fans were thinking SB this year. Elway was gunning for it picking up Vernon Davis. I don't think the D can carry Denver the whole way. Sigh....

It'd help us if Talib would quit poking people in the eye.....
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

What happened to the D? Even with injuries and suspensions taken into account they looked bad. Sad to see Peyton having to sit. I'm not a fan of the Broncos or Colts but still tough to watch. Like ESPN guy said - Father Time is currently undefeated.

I am sure this will be met with some level of consternation, but I am an ardent Patriots fan. I think it will be incredibly interesting to see what happens with Edelman gone. If Brady can continue to keep this team undefeated it will go a long way towards him cementing the greatest of all time moniker. It was my contention two years ago, after he lost Welker and Gronk got hurt, that he was the MVP that year. With very little support he got them, yet again, to the AFC championship. This year it will be incredible if he can keep them either undefeated ot gets them back to the SB and wins it. Boston has had a lot of sports legends in their history. Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, Bill Russell and Bob Coust, And obviously Larry Bird. I grew up with many of those guys, but it's my opinion tha Tom Brady is the best of all, and the greatest of all time.

JB

Amendola may pick up where Edelman left off and of course, Gronk is still there mashing over people. Your contention is quite interesting as Elway was often handed that same moniker as literally willing the Broncos into the Super Bowls of the late 80s (in which they were summarily demolished). It wasn't until Elway had Terrell Davis to hand the ball off to did Denver finally dominate in the late 90s with b2b SB wins. And let me tell, they were darn close to winning 3 in row had it not been for the Jaguars surprise post-season road win in Denver. I still feel that one!

Blog Entries
    As for the Saints this year, where did I put that bag?

PHM

Blog Entries
    And then there was my Spartans win over Ohio yesterday. Oops, sorry, this is an NFL thread. OK, how about the Lions win today?
    NOW you tell me...

Yeah, Lions!